DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Eu Registration

TheVitaminV

Reactions
Hi All,

Im going to spain in a couple of weeks & would love to take my mini 4 pro,

Im struggling to register, I have a found what appears to be the correct website but its all in spanish & even when translated seems somewhat confusing to fill out,

Has anyone recently done this & could point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

I have a found what appears to be t

You can register in any EASA Member Country: How to fly a UAS in Spain | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

So you can register in Ireland Drone Operator Registration

It is also necessary that you have an insurance policy for the drone and that you check flight zones at ENAIRE Drones

You have more info on this post What permits do I need to have to fly my DJI MINI 2 in Spain if I am not a resident of the EU?

Good luck!

You can register in any EASA Member Country: How to fly a UAS in Spain | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

So you can register in Ireland Drone Operator Registration

It is also necessary that you have an insurance policy for the drone and that you check flight zones at ENAIRE Drones

You have more info on this post What permits do I need to have to fly my DJI MINI 2 in Spain if I am not a resident of the EU?

Good luck!
Thanks, thats the website I used but doesnt seem clear on the registration page, also dont think its possible to register in Ireland as you have to register in the first country your going to fly

Thanks, thats the website I used but doesnt seem clear on the registration page, also dont think its possible to register in Ireland as you have to register in the first country your going to fly

Who and how will they verify that Ireland is not the first country where you fly the drone?

Hi All,

Im going to spain in a couple of weeks & would love to take my mini 4 pro,

Im struggling to register, I have a found what appears to be the correct website but its all in spanish & even when translated seems somewhat confusing to fill out,

Has anyone recently done this & could point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

yes Im in Spain and have taken the exams and registered successfully although it took a while and the website can fail.
Ive never been asked who I am or anything as fly rural and away from any people. Of course check the air map its a lot stricter now than a few years ago ie region of Rioja its hard to fly at all.
We were punished for the mistakes of the few irresponsibles.
Insurance with Coverdrone cost me £20 a year you can list the quads too but then its more.
Your drone is less than 250g so just fly in safe places I dont believe you need a license !
Its also mostly clear and sunny here
Regards

Your drone is less than 250g so just fly in safe places I dont believe you need a license !

I hate to tell you, but you are providing incorrect information. We're talking about a Mini4 that does require a license and registration.

You can get this information from here Drone Operator Registration/UAS | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento following link in " Information about drones of less than 250 g." (sorry, only in Spanish) Where, in the part that interests us, it says:

"Therefore, considering the above, aircraft such as the DJI Mavic Mini or Mini 2, Hubsan Zino Mini SE, or Xiaomi Fimi X8 Mini, among others, despite having a MTOM < 250 g, require registration as UAS operators to fly in the 'open' category, as they have a device capable of capturing personal data (such as a camera) and their typology does not fit within Community Directive 2009/48/EC, as they are not considered toys by manufacturers. On the other hand, there are UAS with a MTOM < 250 g and without data capture sensors, but due to the maximum speed they can reach, they exceed 80 joules of kinetic energy and therefore also require registration as UAS operators; examples of these could be racing drones or commonly known as 'racers'."

If you want more information, visit this post: What permits do I need to have to fly my DJI MINI 2 in Spain if I am not a resident of the EU?

I registered as a UAS operator and registered my Mini2 in Italy through d-fliight.it for an upcoming trip in early May. It was a nightmare for several reasons: The web-site was flakey and would give errors just to create an account, once the account is created you have to go through all sorts of authentication. There were over 20+ web pages ot go through, and finally got a QR code for the drone, and a registration ID for me. The problem is trying to get insurance, and unless you have either taken the exam with a course, or have a part 107 you can't get drone insurance. I am taking my home insurance policy to show I havve liability coverate on propery and hoping that will be accepted. Also, it's true you have to register in the country you first will be going to.

Who and how will they verify that Ireland is not the first country where you fly the drone?

One giveaway might be the lack of an Irish stamp in a passport, were someone with some authority and knowledge check that.

Welcome to Spain!
Where websites don't work properly, tech is straight from the 90s, and even government websites are down most of the time.

Alright, you can bypass the Spanish websites completely, register in another EU country, get your A1 license and start flyin'.
I did it through the LBA (Germany), but you can do it through any country you prefer.

Yes, check Enaire before flying, it seems very restrictive, and it's a bit overexaggerated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d