DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Europe: Selling my Mavic 3 Classic to get a Mavic 3 Pro?

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello

I have a Mavic 3 Classic in Fly More Combo and there is actually a great discount on the Mavic 3 Pro thus I'm wondering if I should change my drone knowing that I always wanted to have the possibility to shoot on different focal lengths.

The only drawback (And a pretty big one) is that I live in Europe and it will be more difficult to fly a drone classified in C2 category here but I have a hard time finding out how this would be a problem in practice.

Are there European people who decided to buy this drone here?

Thank you for your help

Not sure of the implications, but check the weight of the 3 Pro against the regulations.

With the Classic which is a C1 drone (Below 900 grams) :

- I theorically can't fly over uninvolved people (But if it happens, overflight should be minimised)
- I can't fly over 120m above ground level

With the Pro which is a C2 drone (Over 900 grams) :

- I cannot fly over uninvolved people
- I need to maintain an horizontal distance of 30 m from uninvolved people (can be reduced to 5 m if the low-speed function is activated);
- I need to respect the 1:1 rules:
10 meters distance -> 10 meters high max
20 meters distance -> 20 meters high max
30 meters distance -> 30 meters high max and so on
- I can't fly over 120m above ground level.

- A pilot certificate of competency for A2 open subcategory is required to be able to fly under these rules +Easy to get) otherwise I will be requested to maintain an horizontal distance of 150 m from uninvolved people and urban areas.

Last edited:
Hello

I have a Mavic 3 Classic in Fly More Combo and there is actually a great discount on the Mavic 3 Pro thus I'm wondering if I should change my drone knowing that I always wanted to have the possibility to shoot on different focal lengths.

The only drawback (And a pretty big one) is that I live in Europe and it will be more difficult to fly a drone classified in C2 category here but I have a hard time finding out how this would be a problem in practice.

Thank you for your help
Consider that DJI has not, and has no plans, to release the Software Development Kit for the Mavic 3 Pro. That means no Litchi, Dronelink or any other vendor is likely to support the Mavic 3 Pro. I was really disappointed when I discovered that I could no longer use Litchi or Dronelink as I did with the Phantom 4 series.

Do you guys know if there is a way to avoid the 1:1 rule? Any certificate that would allow us to fly without having to respect it? I live in Europe

...and the excellent large M43 sensor in the 24mm Hassy camera. That is quite a trade off...
True. However, if preserving that is the priority, rather than getting the 70mm focal length, the Mavic 3 will get him two of the three Mavic 3 Pro cameras, giving up only the 70mm. It also only weighs 895g. Everything in photography is a series of compromises. One just has to pick which factors one can compromise on, to get the ones one really needs/wants.

Reactions: Filmarik
True. However, if preserving that is the priority, rather than getting the 70mm focal length, the Mavic 3 will get him two of the three Mavic 3 Pro cameras, giving up only the 70mm. It also only weighs 895g. Everything in photography is a series of compromises. One just has to pick which factors one can compromise on, to get the ones one really needs/wants.
The nicest part of this is that he has numerous options to choose from and all are pretty good😀
After all we can not have always everything..
C'est La Vie

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The nicest part of this is that he has numerous options to choose from and all are pretty good😀
After all we can not have always everything..
C'est La Vie
Indeed! Those are all his legal options. He can also do whatever he pleases, and just fly under the radar! Works well for Black Ops! LOL!

Hello

Thank you for your help
Did you make the move?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13