DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had spotters. Going out 4km isn't illegal.

That's an interesting one. The FAA reps that I've spoken to have insisted that the VO provision is not to permit BVLOS flight by the PIC, but simply to keep an eye on the aircraft if the PIC has to look away to check telemetry etc.. But your interpretation is also commonly stated. I wish there were some central FAA guidance on that question.

Maybe I misunderstood. If you were flying legally, then why the reluctance to say where, or post the log?

Uh, because I was flying over a canyon located in the USA. I did not say that I was flying legally, I just told the guy that I didn't say I was flying illegally.

This is a loss of time, not posting the logs for obvious reasons.

Uh, because I was flying over a canyon located in the USA. I did not say that I was flying legally, I just told the guy that I didn't say I was flying illegally.

Quite Orwellian responses. Your careful parsing of words reveals quite a bit. At this point, who cares? You lost your drone. You won't post a log. Sorry you lost your drone, but the loss is starting to look pretty self inflicted. Hope the incident will add to your 'vast' experience.

Reactions: QuadBot

OK - this thread is clearly becoming a complete waste of time.

It’s taken 154 posts, but finally sense has prevailed! Can a mod close this ??

Reactions: Malcx
Man, what a bashing. So what we have was a sudden battery drain resulting in a loss of aircraft. It may or may not be related to non-OEM parts but we will never know. These things we fly are a technological wonder with a lot of moving parts, circuit boards, sophisticated batteries, software and firmware, flown in all kinds of conditions by people that can make mistakes. Sorry for your loss OP.

Man, what a bashing. So what we have was a sudden battery drain resulting in a loss of aircraft. It may or may not be related to non-OEM parts but we will never know.

The only reason "we will never know" is the OP is being cagey and, quite frankly, insulting the intelligence of the group. Go back and read the entire thread and you'll see where the bashing started....

Reactions: melmartin
He's been clear. He was legal, but he didn't say he was legal. Or illegal. His batteries were bought by 'a friend'. Maybe in Canada, maybe the U.S He doesn't know. . He's 'extremely experienced', but is rocky on the rules. He had spotters, but even great spotters can't see 4KM. The thread is through the looking glass. Doesn't really deserve any more attention. It's all I can do to follow his changing story and evasions. People responded to help, but the guy who asked for it won't cooperate. What a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom