DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Factory reset

andrew reeves

Reactions
If I wanted to sell my Mavic Pro, I certainly would want it to be rest to factory specs and delete all past knowledge so that a new owner will be able to carry out his/her configurations. Is there a way to do this so the new owner gets the same experience as anyone with a factory fresh unit? Would love a step by step process.

Are you saying the Mavic firmware reverted or not? If it did, try installing the latest version.

Are you saying the Mavic firmware reverted or not? If it did, try installing the latest version.
I reverted both drone and the controller to first fiirmware. Which did not remove anything back to out of the box condition. When I tried to bring both to the recent version. The drone seemed fine but the controller software said Failed.

Someone else here was just recently interested in how a seller might be misrepresenting the total flying time ("just flew a little to check everything") and it was pointed out the flight logs don't get deleted.

Can they be deleted or not?

Hey I get resort to factory setting failed it will not restore what did u do to make it work?

I am also selling my Mavic Pro, I am not concerned with clearing flight logs. My concern is that I have registered the drone to me and want to make sure the new owner has no trouble flying in and getting updates.

So he will be able to do anything as if he purchased it new. Just wanna make sure he is good to go and does not need any passwords from me. Thanks

The only thing is if you changed the WiFi name/password you'd want to set that back to what's on the stickers.

He also won't have the activation and linking to his account - that's forever tied to yours. Doesn't seem to have any consequences so far, but...

You could factory reset the Mavic firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. That would also revert your Mavic settings. I don't think the climb would be worth the view though. The new owner should double-check all of the settings either way.
can't u perform a factory reset from the DJIGO4 app too?

Msinger
1. To do a factory reset from the assistant can i have the AC and RC connected between them and the AC to the laptop so that the reset happens on both HW simultaneously?
2. After factory resetting the AC and RC do i have to calibrate the OAS too as well as IMU, compass, gimbal and RC ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan