DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failsafe RTH - Fully automatic?

From previous flying and reading all the stories here, battery management is important. In my opinion, you should never let the battery get to the point of RTH.

You're right! (I should RTFM :D) There's an option for OA in TapFly:

DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot’s Handbook

Mavic-VN-Settings-1-1.jpg

and it's around objects. Probably same for ActiveTrack, but it doesn't say specifically.

But still, we're talking about RTH, and going up is the only avoidance maneuver in RTH.
i dont know that id trust it tho since theres no side sensors it would be going side ways blind.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
As a long term r/c user and recent Mavic owner i can tell you from posts that the most losses are caused by battery’s running out of power and secondly failure to carry out proper pre flight checks. The Mavic is such a good craft look after it and it will serve you well.

Here's a new angle on RTH I haven't seen addressed. I live on large acreage. What if I go off to a back pasture, launch the Mavic and then decide to have it land back home on the driveway? I tried that. As it was descending it lost signal, invoked RTH, and flew back to me in the pasture. To accomplish this successfully should I 1.) turn off RTH completely and just instruct it to land in place over my driveway? Is there risk in this? or 2.) Set current position as home and instruct it to land?

You could change the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" (see below). That would make your Mavic hover in place if the remote controller signal is lost (instead of trying to return to the home point).

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02