DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Fall is coming to Alberta (this morning)

DanJ

Reactions
Out again this morning before sunrise again. Shortly after sunrise, I took this photo.
Things seem a week or two behind what they normally are in my part of the world.

DJI_0222_DxO copy.jpg

Very nice ! I’m looking to retire in the very near future and am thinking about moving to Canada. I’ll do more serious research on it in the coming months. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: DanJ
Very nice ! I’m looking to retire in the very near future and am thinking about moving to Canada. I’ll do more serious research on it in the coming months. Thanks for posting.
Thank you!
Moving to Canada? It's such a vast place. Every province is different. The only drawback that I see is our winters here in Alberta are a month or two, too long.

Reactions: Gary R
Nice shot which conveys the seasonal change and makes me look forward to cooler weather here in CA. Just cannot believe that this year has sped by so quickly!
Cooler weather here is a fact of life.
Some winter days are much, much colder than others. Too cold to fly the drone when it's -30 C.
Time does fly. It seems like only yesterday that I was in my teens. LOL

Reactions: djwak59
Thank you!
Moving to Canada? It's such a vast place. Every province is different. The only drawback that I see is our winters here in Alberta are a month or two, too long.
I’m originally from Chicago Illinois, and the winters in this area can be brutal too !
I’ve heard it’s difficult for an American to move to Canada, any truth to that ?

I’m originally from Chicago Illinois, and the winters in this area can be brutal too !
I’ve heard it’s difficult for an American to move to Canada, any truth to that ?
I have no idea if it's difficult for Americans to emigrate here.
We get "dry" cold here in Alberta compared to the "moist" cold in eastern Canada. Supposedly it doesn't feel as cold where we are but the few times that it's gotten to -35 C or -40 C IT FEELS COLD but that doesn't happen very often.

We get "dry" cold here in Alberta compared to the "moist" cold in eastern Canada. Supposedly it doesn't feel as cold where we are but the few times that it's gotten to -35 C or -40 C IT FEELS COLD but that doesn't happen very often.
I grew up in Saskatoon and Edmonton, moved to Ottawa for work and got frostbite for the first time in my life.

Ontario's damp cold sucks the heat out of you much faster than the Prairies' dry cold!

It can be. Might be harder if you're retired rather than coming for work, unless you have family here, as we don't have retirement visas (unlike some countries).

Part of that is taxpayer-funded health care, which as someone retired you wouldn't be paying into (while presumably using). I know when I looked at sponsoring a friend I would have been on the hook for any health care, social security etc they used for years afterwards.

Reactions: djwak59 and DanJ
I grew up in Saskatoon and Edmonton, moved to Ottawa for work and got frostbite for the first time in my life.

Ontario's damp cold sucks the heat out of you much faster than the Prairies' dry cold!
Wet or dry, cold is cold.
Dress for it. Keep your car tuned up and your batteries charged and enjoy the winter wonderland!

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
Fantastic shot! We love Alberta -- we honeymooned @Lake Louise and Banff waaaaaay back in '86. On my bucket list to go back one day.

Fantastic shot! We love Alberta -- we honeymooned @Lake Louise and Banff waaaaaay back in '86. On my bucket list to go back one day.
Lake Louise has become traffic central over the past few years. In fact, you now need to hop on a bus to get to Moraine Lake where you could previously drive. They do that to avoid parking problems.
I totally avoid Banff and prefer Jasper instead. The less travelled, less frequented national park.

It can be. Might be harder if you're retired rather than coming for work, unless you have family here, as we don't have retirement visas (unlike some countries).

Part of that is taxpayer-funded health care, which as someone retired you wouldn't be paying into (while presumably using). I know when I looked at sponsoring a friend I would have been on the hook for any health care, social security etc they used for years afterwards.
Hmmm. Interesting, and really only fair if you think about it. That’s something way different from here in the U.S., and it’s been a political lightning rod for years here, still is. I’ll need to look into it more. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Muggs