DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fastest way to charge 4 batteries on the road?

A third party multi battery charger that charges them simultaneously. Note that those chargers need a lot of wattage, like 240W. For a car charger that would mean 20A at 12V.

There are power bank versions of multi-chargers.

Reactions: Krvelasco
I have a third party multi-charger, forget which brand and too tired to go look. I have a 120VAC invertor to power it.

You could get a pair of these Amazon.com: Smatree Mavic 2 Pro 148Wh Portable Charging Station High Speed Docking Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Intelligent Flight Battery: Toys & Games.

The other solution is a multi charger with an inverter. For this you will need a quality inverter with appropriate wire harness and fuse and, unless you only plan on charging while driving an auxiliary battery and isolator. Decent components add up fast to probably more money than you will feel like spending.

Reactions: ARam55
Have 8 Batteries!!! :)

You could get a pair of these Amazon.com: Smatree Mavic 2 Pro 148Wh Portable Charging Station High Speed Docking Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Intelligent Flight Battery: Toys & Games.

The other solution is a multi charger with an inverter. For this you will need a quality inverter with appropriate wire harness and fuse and, unless you only plan on charging while driving an auxiliary battery and isolator. Decent components add up fast to probably more money than you will feel like spending.

I have had the Smatree charger for my Mavic Pro for a couple of years and it has worked well. It will charge two batteries at the same time and a total of 4 to five batteries before it requires recharging, which can be done from the car adapter.

I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and that was one of the first accessories I purchased for the new batteries. It is interesting that they reduced the size of the unit as well as the capacity. It will only charge about 3 batteries total. It is smaller and lighter, which is a plus for putting in a backpack.

Get a second car charger and halve your time - that's basically what I did. I'm assuming you have 4 batteries on a charge hub.
There are battery packs that will recharge them faster, but the price was ridiculous.... so it all depends how much you are willing to pay for faster charges.

Just don't use a 12v charger off your vehicles battery unless the engine is running. My buddies grand kid did resulting in grandpaw's car being unable to start. Having a jump starter on board like the Antigravity battery is a good idea just in case anyway. My buddy purchased an expensive Anker Powerhouse which is a smaller version of the Goal Zero Yeti. I know he's recharged 4 MP batteries in the field off the Anker using a AC charger that can charge 3 at once plus the controller. Seems to work for him but it takes a while to recharge the Anker after he gets home.

I've never tested the charge time my 12v charger takes to fully charge a Mavic battery compared to the using DJI AC powered charger. That might make a difference.
I also use one of the chargers that can charge three at once, but have a 2000w inverter in my van, large aux batteries and a 270w solar panel array. I also use the Crystalsky Ultra Bright monitor which requires yet a different charger.

With the charger that comes with the kit, it takes about 4 hours.

Is there a faster way at home or on the road?
I just got a Tercel charger, works in car or home. Does four batteries in an hour in the car, also has option for storage level charging as well as discharging to that level from full charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111