DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Favorite music when flying...

Hexagon

Reactions
It is well known that most hobbies can be well accompanied by your favorite music. Of course drone flying has nothing to do with gymnastics, running, biking etc. etc. but in a few cases and in total isolation I caught myself listening to my favorite music when flying. Last time was last summer with my p3s on a beach far away from any type of civilization and I was listening to Metallica, which I like very much by the way.... I did not use earphones for the obvious reasons but a an mp3 player with a small portable speaker... song was the following

Does any of you enjoy flying with fav music?

I'm a huge music fan. While I have favorite genres, I'm just a huge fan, whether its metal, rock, classical, country and western, top 40, dance, electronic, etc...

BUT I don't listen to anything when I fly. I'm really focused and I'm sure even listening to music through a speaker (not headphones), I'd barely notice what was playing. I'm listening for sounds the Drone is making, warnings on my tablet, listening for things in my surroundings. I will add music to my videos though and will listen to music when editing the videos.

Don't really have other distraction going while I'm flying. Perhaps others can divide their attention better than I can (I know there are those people). I want to be as safe as I personally can be. I'm also listening to manned aircraft. Again, I'm not saying that some people can't listen and fly well at the same time, I just don't feel that I can do it and be as safe. Plus, I don't think music really helps me at all. Flying is very relaxing. I'm almost always working on getting a good video so I'm really thinking hard about that great shot.

Almost a ritual for me to play this before during and after a flight, but Im not religious. It just calms me. I open my car windows and listen to it from 20 or 30 feet away.

But when Im repairing a gimbal it's more like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Don't really have other distraction going while I'm flying.

- I find that playing the bagpipes while flying my mavic improves my coordination.

A few songs come to mind:

Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project
Electric Eye - Judas Priest
Mr. Blue Sky - ELO
Bluebird - ELO
Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
Dreams - Van Halen
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
Learning To Fly - Tom Petty
Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne
Crash - Dave Matthews Band (just kidding)

Reactions: Former Member
- I find that playing the bagpipes while flying my mavic improves my coordination.

A few songs come to mind:

Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project
Electric Eye - Judas Priest
Mr. Blue Sky - ELO
Bluebird - ELO
Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
Dreams - Van Halen
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
Learning To Fly - Tom Petty
Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne
Crash - Dave Matthews Band (just kidding)

Sounds relaxing, just gotta watch that kilt blowing up on a windy day or from the downwash of the props.

Maxim Mrvica - Flight of the bumblebee
Keep u anxious n hasty throughout the flight ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan