DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Australia

BB23

Reactions
Hi all,
Is anyone familiar in the range performance of the Mavic in Australia. I have read that the range is cut down
to the CE Compliant 2.5 mi (4 km) however others are saying they have had no issues with the full FCC Compliant 4.3 mi (7 km). Any ideas?

As I understand it Australia is under CE mode but that does really make a difference if you want to fly legally, with drone required to be flown in Visual Line of Sight.

Thanks all,
I wouldn't go as far to fly it out of LOS, It's dangerous and I also have had bad experiences with birds so the less nesting area flown over the better. I was just curious as I had seen the two different ranges in Specs and I was still struggling to understand the concept of CE and FCC. Thanks

Thanks all,
I wouldn't go as far to fly it out of LOS, It's dangerous and I also have had bad experiences with birds so the less nesting area flown over the better. I was just curious as I had seen the two different ranges in Specs and I was still struggling to understand the concept of CE and FCC. Thanks
The difference is singal strength and FCC (USA) allow higher than rest of the world.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I follow my son to school about 1.5 ks with solo 3dr and phantom 4 . Had police roll past and stop chatted to them and they thought it was a awwome idea watching him . From my understanding from them is as if they get legit complaints or ur in flight path they fine u or short prison / holiday stay

Sent from my SM-T815Y using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan