DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Refreshing the question. Any one tried out Dji Go4 v4.2.12, than can conform the existance of cancel button for fcc users in ce areas?

I think this guy confirms it still works. Translated from german forum by google
Google Translate

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel5P
Oh boy! Now I see the light. Just did a check on my iPhone applications. No updates required but there is a catch. The iPhone has an iOS update available. I capitulated and installed. After the install, I checked my applications for updates...THERE IT WAS the DJI GO 4. Apparently not update friendly with the previous iOS version.

So, there you have it. I am way too chicken to go try it and see. I feel like I should leave my iPad in a state of no updates and continue enjoying my extended wifi connections with my Mavic Air. Someone, not chicken want to verify if the cancel is an option? Of course be certain you have updated to the latest iOS first.

Oh boy! Now I see the light. Just did a check on my iPhone applications. No updates required but there is a catch. The iPhone has an iOS update available. I capitulated and installed. After the install, I checked my applications for updates...THERE IT WAS the DJI GO 4. Apparently not update friendly with the previous iOS version.

So, there you have it. I am way too chicken to go try it and see. I feel like I should leave my iPad in a state of no updates and continue enjoying my extended wifi connections with my Mavic Air. Someone, not chicken want to verify if the cancel is an option? Of course be certain you have updated to the latest iOS first.

Intresting observation!!
Im on ios 11.3 with dji go 4.2.8
The update promt is for 4.2.12
So according to your find ios < 11.3 only updates the dji 4 go app to 4.2.8 and .12 is not to be seen.

Im holding to update untill confirmed by a brave soul. This way at least i can get a good video feed this summer :) **** CE

Correct! iPad is on iOS 11.2.6 and will NOT show an update for the DJI GO4. iPhone just updated to version 11.3 and wants me to update the DJI GO4 application. Of course, I am not letting it do that...yet!

Ok, I’m the ‘guinea pig”! iPad with iOS 11.3, DJI Go4 ver 4.2.12, FCC work around applied.

Just did a test start-up & flight - no prompt for change of GPS location ok or cancel! But, it remained in FCC mode! Maybe the reduction in pop ups included this. Not sure how, if you wanted to, you could now change back to CE, but don’t really care!

I have the same versions (iOS 11.3 and DJI GO 4 4.2.12 on my iPhone 8) and see the same behaviour as previous poster, InvisibleName. No pop-up and still in FCC mode.

Quite a strange behaviour actually. I doubt it’s intended.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ve read this thread from page 1, but I have a headache.

Let me see if I’ve got this straight. I use my iPhone 7+ for my Air. But, if I use a fake gps app on an android phone, open Go4 and trick it into thinking I’m in the US, then go back to my iPhone and cancel the regions change - it’ll stick?

Ok, I’ve read this thread from page 1, but I have a headache.

Let me see if I’ve got this straight. I use my iPhone 7+ for my Air. But, if I use a fake gps app on an android phone, open Go4 and trick it into thinking I’m in the US, then go back to my iPhone and cancel the regions change - it’ll stick?
Yep

Reactions: Lastrexking
I’m sorry, but is this a wind up?

READ THIS THREAD, WATCH THE VIDEO - JOB DONE!
sorry, but many say that the latest update does not appear the pop-up of the change of region and then I thought you could not do anymore ... cmq I will follow the guide thanks

sorry, but many say that the latest update does not appear the pop-up of the change of region and then I thought you could not do anymore ... cmq I will follow the guide thanks
Ah, now I understand! Sorry for my abruptness! I stand by my suggestion though, give the guide a try and lets us know how you get on.

Ah, now I understand! Sorry for my abruptness! I stand by my suggestion though, give the guide a try and lets us know how you get on.
no problem ... the question is this, who was in FCC before the update dji go 4.2.12 does not have a pop-up but is still in FCC (11 channels).
While who still has to do the procedure like me from CE I do not know how I should do ...

if I follow the procedure on top with an Android device dji go 4.2.8 then I go on iOS version 4.2.12 will it still work?

if I follow the procedure on top with an Android device dji go 4.2.8 then I go on iOS version 4.2.12 will it still work?

It is not fullt confirmed .12 fully works. You can use any android on any version lesser than .12 swith to fcc then change your device to an ios and have it still run fcc as long as the ios version of dji go is lesser than .12

The main question here is when we can conform that .12 is fcc friendly or not for ce zoned individuals.

So far half the people ive read about that upgaded to .12 does not have the ability to cancel the promt. But they are still in fcc with that being said... so to be on the sure side use any version you want as long as its not .12 up to this date..

Just updated my iPhone 7 to iOs 11.3, after that DJI 4go was updated to 4.2.12, my Mavic Air had the latest Firmware update and was in FCC mode:

So here is what happened:
Since in FCC mode we all know that every flight the screen politely asks you to reset your Wi-Fi setting but we always Kindly refuse this right?
Well, I can confirm that the app after my initially startup does NOT ask you to reset your Wi-Fi settings. Of course I checked if I still was in FCC mode and HURRAY, still in FCC mode with all of the 11 channels! :)

I was a bit curious so I made a screen recording of the whole proces to see where it went wrong if I needed to. But no fuss at all. Besides, there is an iPad and an Android around with older Firmwares so nothing to worry about.

Hope this will calm you and will help you to make your own choice whether to update.

Cheers

Reactions: ABRsanta
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert