DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Just updated my iPhone 7 to iOs 11.3, after that DJI 4go was updated to 4.2.12, my Mavic Air had the latest Firmware update and was in FCC mode:

So here is what happened:
Since in FCC mode we all know that every flight the screen politely asks you to reset your Wi-Fi setting but we always Kindly refuse this right?
Well, I can confirm that the app after my initially startup does NOT ask you to reset your Wi-Fi settings. Of course I checked if I still was in FCC mode and HURRAY, still in FCC mode with all of the 11 channels! :)

I was a bit curious so I made a screen recording of the whole proces to see where it went wrong if I needed to. But no fuss at all. Besides, there is an iPad and an Android around with older Firmwares so nothing to worry about.

Hope this will calm you and will help you to make your own choice whether to update.

Cheers

thanks you have been very correct and patient I will follow your advice.
just one last question ...
did you use this video guide at the top this thread to go to FCC with Android first?

Nope, I used this video:
The first 2:20min are useless, but after that it really speeds up :)

Aftter the switching to FCC you can use your iPhone or iPad like I do. Works like a charm.

Reactions: ABRsanta
Just updated my iPhone 7 to iOs 11.3, after that DJI 4go was updated to 4.2.12, my Mavic Air had the latest Firmware update and was in FCC mode:

So here is what happened:
Since in FCC mode we all know that every flight the screen politely asks you to reset your Wi-Fi setting but we always Kindly refuse this right?
Well, I can confirm that the app after my initially startup does NOT ask you to reset your Wi-Fi settings. Of course I checked if I still was in FCC mode and HURRAY, still in FCC mode with all of the 11 channels! :)

I was a bit curious so I made a screen recording of the whole proces to see where it went wrong if I needed to. But no fuss at all. Besides, there is an iPad and an Android around with older Firmwares so nothing to worry about.

Hope this will calm you and will help you to make your own choice whether to update.

Cheers

When I using Autopilot it changed back to CE 13ch without any pop up.

When I using Autopilot it changed back to CE 13ch without any pop up.

Sorry, but I Don't know what you mean with "using autopilot". try to be more specific so I might can help you. One thing is obvious. If it changes back automatically FCC was never set.

Sorry, but I Don't know what you mean with "using autopilot". try to be more specific so I might can help you. One thing is obvious. If it changes back automatically FCC was never set.

Autopilot - Hangar

After using this app to control me mavic air, it change back to 13ch without any pop up, someone said try to take off with go4 first then use autopilot and should be fine.

I can't confirm that because I have not used Hangar, but I read that litchi did the same thing when iOs was used. But I do not use Litchi as well.

Hello every one , I changed my WiFi setting to fcc mode at the beginning it was showing me a massage to change wifi setting and I was always canceling it to keep the fcc mode , then this massage stopped popping up to me after the last update .300 ,but still I have got 11 channel on 2.4 ghz !!! Any one have ideas about this as I’m curious to fly with this issue specially on RTH

The notes on the last iOS DJO GO 4 app mentioned: "Simplified and reduced pop-up messages". I used Xcode to simulate a GPS location on my iPhone to switch to FCC mode. But now the pop-up asking to switch the wifi settings stopped to appear, I doubt the Xcode trick will still work. My Mavic Air is still in FCC mode in a CE region, but a fear the end is nigh for my FCC days. I don't dare using the new litchi update when it comes out of beta, since people are reporting it will force the air back to CE mode. Ironically I don't know how to switch to CE mode now even if I wanted to. The DJI GO 4 for android might be next.

The notes on the last iOS DJO GO 4 app mentioned: "Simplified and reduced pop-up messages". I used Xcode to simulate a GPS location on my iPhone to switch to FCC mode. But now the pop-up asking to switch the wifi settings stopped to appear, I doubt the Xcode trick will still work. My Mavic Air is still in FCC mode in a CE region, but a fear the end is nigh for my FCC days. I don't dare using the new litchi update when it comes out of beta, since people are reporting it will force the air back to CE mode. Ironically I don't know how to switch to CE mode now even if I wanted to. The DJI GO 4 for android might be next.

I think that you have to use Xcode again to switch it back to CE mode .

I think that you have to use Xcode again to switch it back to CE mode .

Problem is I don't know if that will work since the pop up message for changing WLAN settings will not appear anymore in the DJI GO4 for iOS.

Problem is I don't know if that will work since the pop up message for changing WLAN settings will not appear anymore in the DJI GO4 for iOS.

I switched back to CE mode by using Android mobile and try it on my iPhone 7+ and its working fine . And again I switch back to FCC throw The Android mobile again.

So with the Mac and Xcode hack now not working anymore, this means I will stay clear of Litchi for now.

Yeah, if your on iOS and you use Litchi it will swop you back to CE mode if you have done the FCC hack using xcode.

I got lucky and did not have satellite lock when I tried it earlier but many people have not been so lucky.

Reactions: Kimosabe
If your on holiday in an FCC country then legally you are allowed to change to FCC mode if your coming from a CE country and vise versa.

The reason it effects iOS rather than Android is due to how Apple restricts the app.

I would not worry about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman