DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File naming system...

kodiak1120

Reactions
It seems the stock DJI system of naming files just starts over when you clear your SD card, which results in redundant file names when you back them up to your computer. My solution has been to use a batch file remaining program, and rename each file with "DJI<Date><TimeHours><TimeMinutes><TimeSeconds>". This is working pretty well, but it's kind of a PIA to do each time I download videos from my SD card.

What is everyone else doing? Is there a way to keep it from reusing file names?

Thanks.

There is an option to have the Mavic reset naming to zero or Continuous where it keeps incrementing file numbers.

I use the continuous numbering but also use Adobe Bridge to batch name my files according to location and date of the shoot.

Thanks... where's that setting? In the app?

It seems the stock DJI system of naming files just starts over when you clear your SD card, which results in redundant file names when you back them up to your computer. My solution has been to use a batch file remaining program, and rename each file with "DJI<Date><TimeHours><TimeMinutes><TimeSeconds>". This is working pretty well, but it's kind of a PIA to do each time I download videos from my SD card.

What is everyone else doing? Is there a way to keep it from reusing file names?

Thanks.
I personally have the option that names these files set to Continuous which continues the naming convention even if a different SD card is used.

If anyone is looking for this setting, it's in the app under your camera setting (where you set your ISO, Shutter, EV, etc.) from there click the gear tab/icon on the top right. Scroll down to the setting "File Index Mode" and change it from the default Reset to Continuous. Your Mavic has to be on and connected for the setting to be changed!

I store my files in my NAS. All media fliles are in t he default Multimedia folder. I then seperate by photo, video and music.

In video i store all my raw video files in seperate files for each camera and then directories for year and month.

I then give each group of files some meaningful names.

For example I am in Thailand at the moment so my mavic files will go in

Video/raw/mavic/2019/april/Thai

Works for me.

When i have completed an edit which may include files from different cameras, phone , Mavic and video camera i have a seperate directory fo final videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89