DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File naming

johnnybsquash

Reactions
I realised early on that when you format your SD from your drone it messes up the file naming sequence.

My work around for this is the following:

Before downloading stills and/or videos if use a small Windows program called Re-Namer (den4b.com) to add the time and date stamp to the front of the filename. That way, all my material remains in chronological order by date.

I hope this helps.

Johnny

You don't say what drone model you have (a very common problem), but if it uses the Go4 app you can change the numbering scheme to 'continous' in the camera settings menus. If you have to use the Fly app, carry on as you were.

Where do you format the card? I have never encountered this problem and I put new cards into a drone quite frequently and those cards have all been formatted in windows, to remove the files that my card tester writes to the card. I have the following drones Phantom 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, M2P/Z.
A work around is to let the drone recreate the file structure then add a small photo to the appropriate folder but make the name of that photo the same as the name of the last photo or video shot prior to the formatting.

NOTE I would copy and paste the photos name and not type it manually. The drone may mot like a screwed up image name.

Last edited:
A work around is to let the drone recreate the file structure then add a small photo to the appropriate folder but make the name of that photo the same as the name of the last photo or video shot prior to the formatting.
That's no help at all for someone who uses a new card for each flight and could use 4 or 5 batteries in a session.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic