DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoPro Hero 12 vs 11: Which One Offers Better Value for Your Money?

Jonathan A

Reactions
gopro-hero-12-vs-11-.jpg.png
In the dynamic world of action cameras, GoPro has long been a dominant force, continuously pushing the boundaries of what these compact devices can achieve. With the release of the Hero 12, GoPro once again raises the bar, but does it provide enough value to justify an upgrade from the Hero 11? Let’s dive into a comparative analysis to find out.

GoPro Hero 12:

Pros:

1. Improved Image Quality: The Hero 12 boasts upgraded sensors and image processing capabilities, resulting in sharper, more vibrant footage compared to its predecessor.
  2. Enhanced Stabilization: GoPro's renowned HyperSmooth technology receives an upgrade in the Hero 12, delivering even smoother footage, particularly in high-motion scenarios.
  3. Advanced Features: With the Hero 12, GoPro introduces new features like improved low-light performance, better dynamic range, and enhanced connectivity options, including faster Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
  4. Modular Design: The Hero 12 offers a modular design, allowing users to attach various accessories seamlessly, expanding its functionality for different shooting scenarios.
Cons:

1. Higher Price Tag: As expected with any new release, the Hero 12 comes with a premium price compared to its predecessor, making it less accessible to budget-conscious consumers.
  2. Limited Compatibility: Some existing accessories and mounts may not be fully compatible with the Hero 12's new design, potentially requiring additional investments for users with an existing collection of accessories.
GoPro Hero 11:

Pros:

1. Solid Performance: The Hero 11 still delivers impressive performance, especially for users who don't require the latest bells and whistles. It captures high-quality footage and offers reliable stabilization for most action-packed adventures.
  2. Value for Money: With the release of the Hero 12, the Hero 11's price has likely dropped, offering a more budget-friendly option for those looking to enter the world of action cameras without breaking the bank.
  3. Wide Accessory Compatibility: Being an established model, the Hero 11 enjoys broad compatibility with a vast range of accessories and mounts, making it convenient for users who already own GoPro accessories.
Cons:

1. Less Advanced Features: Compared to the Hero 12, the Hero 11 may lack some of the latest features and advancements, such as improved image processing and connectivity options.
  2. Potential for Obsolescence: While the Hero 11 still performs admirably, it may become outdated more quickly as newer models with enhanced capabilities hit the market.
Conclusion:

Choosing between the GoPro Hero 12 and Hero 11 ultimately boils down to your specific needs and budget. If you prioritize cutting-edge features, enhanced performance, and are willing to invest in the latest technology, the Hero 12 is the clear choice. However, if you're content with solid performance at a more affordable price point and value wider accessory compatibility, the Hero 11 remains a compelling option.

Regardless of your decision, both cameras excel in capturing adrenaline-fueled moments and delivering stunning footage that truly encapsulates the thrill of the action. To explore more details and make an informed decision, check out comprehensive comparison at ProElectech.

Bonjour
Je suis en 11 et les évolutions proposées au 12 ne me semblent pas une grosse révolution. peut-être le 13 ou le 14 me fera franchir le pas????!!!!!
UN+patc45

Reactions: Jonathan A
I have the hero 12 and the 9. A very good camera. Since I have many accessories, I feel like I’ve bought into their system and it’s not cost effective to jump ship. I’m glad they’ve kept the accessories forward compatible.

I’d imagine the 12 is not different enough to warrant upgrading from the 11 and the price difference is t a lot between them. My major gripe is poor performance in low light. Wish they had bigger sensors. Otherwise I’m generally very happy with it.

Coming from a 9 I’d say the 12 is very good value for money but if I had the 11 I wouldn’t upgrade unless I was lusting after HDR, which btw isn’t real HDR.

I have the hero 12. A very good camera. Since I have many accessories, I feel like I’ve bought into their system and it’s not cost effective to jump ship. I’m glad they’ve kept the accessories forward compatible

My major gripe is poor performance in low light. Wish they had bigger sensors. Otherwise I’m generally very happy with it
It sounds like you've really invested in the Hero 12 ecosystem! It's great that the accessories are forward compatible, making your setup feel cohesive and efficient. Low light performance can definitely be a sticking point, but hopefully, future iterations will address this with larger sensors. Overall, it's awesome to hear you're mostly satisfied with your camera!

Reactions: Mrktn
It sounds like you've really invested in the Hero 12 ecosystem! It's great that the accessories are forward compatible, making your setup feel cohesive and efficient. Low light performance can definitely be a sticking point, but hopefully, future iterations will address this with larger sensors. Overall, it's awesome to hear you're mostly satisfied with your camera!
Low light performance can be improved by investing in a gimbal and getting settings right with a low light pre-set but it’s more money of course than just getting a DJI Action 4.

Improving low light performance isn't just about gear; it's an investment. Sure, the DJI Action 4 is decent, but for better results, you might need a gimbal and some fine-tuning with settings. It'll cost you extra, though. So, think about what matters most to you before splurging.

This forum is for the use of drones. I have moved your thread to Off Topic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf