DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filter pack to Mavic PRO

seems pretty reasonable considering they're the same price as the P4 ones. Would be useful if you were looking to shoot with lower shutter speeds etc.

look costly, give it a few weeks and more will appear at much lower costs. try the bird without but choose the compositions and times of day. I'm a strong believer in getting as much in that aperture as possible and not restricting with filters. however when the sun is kicking *** its hard.

Do not discount the need for these, especially if you are planning on using the drone for actual cinematography (not landscapes). You want your shutter speed to be roughly 2x your FPS. So, at ISO 100, 4K 24 FPS will be a shutter speed of 1/50. Quite slow, and the footage will be way blown out. the ND filters will allow you to film it properly without blowing out the footage. Yes, you can change the ISO, however the higher you go, the more noise will be in the picture.

What you want with the cinematography is a natural motion blur, which is achieved this way. If you are just shooting landscapes, it doesn't matter (as much).

For those interested, here is a video from a friend of mine who has been in the industry for a long time (film and graphics). Even though he flies Phantoms, the info regarding color grading and filters actually applies to any camera system being used.

Also, they have a 3-pack as well for less money. However, $150 is not a lot. That is what I paid for 1 ND filter for my Canon 70-200 L lens.

Reactions: ArcticFlightman
Any idea when DJI will be releasing their filters?

I am waiting. I have found Polar Pro to be very good but... I have found quality that is comparable at a more reasonable price.

Critically important, even for landscapes if you're introducing motion by flying and not just hovering.

Exposing correctly by blocking light rather than speeding the shutter is very standard practice in cinematography.

With a bird on the truck I'm going to be forced to buy the polar pro set.. spending a little more than I wanted but I know they will be great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143