DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally pulled the trigger... upgrading to the M3Pro

New England Droning

Reactions
Well, I've been flying the mini2 for 2+ years and it's time for me to move up to a much better drone. (I'll add that this upgrade is the Mavic 3 Pro) I sat on the page ready to check out for a week... I got the basic package, refresh, and one extra battery... This will hopefully hold me till I make more art sales to fund this endeavor...
:)
What do you think I should get next, the ND filters?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gipper and MA2 317
I would. I use nd filters a lot. This new bird is driving me nuts. I am now seriously thinking about grabbing one when they are available. The more I research the more I like the idea of 3 and 7 times tele's. I probably just need my head examined.

I've been ignoring information on the new models, as I don't need a new drone. ;-)

However, I made the mistake of reading an email from DJI just this morning highlighting the 3 series and their differences. Oh oh. :cool:

I would. I use nd filters a lot. This new bird is driving me nuts. I am now seriously thinking about grabbing one when they are available. The more I research the more I like the idea of 3 and 7 times tele's. I probably just need my head examined.
Head examined and found empty.... along with my checking account... 😞

I've been ignoring information on the new models, as I don't need a new drone. ;-)

However, I made the mistake of reading an email from DJI just this morning highlighting the 3 series and their differences. Oh oh. :cool:
I know, once I looked at the write ups, I was hooked... now for the patience to wait for it to get here..

Reactions: CadrePilot
Welcome to the dark side.
I second that:
Made this two weeks ago. ;)

____

I ordered too, 10 minutes after launch. The 70mm lens/sensor combo with 10 Bit DLog-M (at least) is simply a massive extension of the imaging possibilities that cannot be ignored when using Mavic 3 professionally for filmmaking.

It will be a challenge though to deal with DLog on the main camera and DLog-M with the 70mm camera and match them in post, if you want to get the most dynamic range out of the 4/3" Sensor, but that's a tradeoff I am willing to take.

But I don't think I would have upgraded from the Mavic 3 Classic directly if I were a recreational user or with the focus on taking photos. Maybe someday, but not right away.

Last edited:
I ordered mine thru AMAZON because they give me 5% back vs DJI 1%.
If using CC rebates, the PayBoo CC at B&H gets you 8.75% back in CA! Both Amazon and DJI and B&H now charge CA sales tax, which exceeds any rebates. However, only B&H rebates back the sales tax, through the PayBoo CC.

Last edited:
Reactions: New England Droning