DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t take photos using button on the front of the smart controller but can with the button on the screen. Has anyone experienced this.

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi, just noticed that I can’t take photos using the photo button on the front of my smart controller but can using the button on the screen. I don’t have this issue when I fly my mini 2 with the same controller. Anyone else have this issue?

Could it be a difference in focus settings? That is, first press of the controller button is finding focus and you need to let it finish that before the second-push for actuating the shutter?

Chris

Reactions: smbishop
Thanks for the quick reply,
I’ll try that, but at this point it doesn’t matter how many times you hit the shutter button it will not take a photo but will when you press the button on the screen. It’s like the button is deactivated somehow. I don’t have the problem when flying my mini 2 with the same controller.

Well if it works fine with another aircraft "we" know the actual button is working. So to clear up a above comment, the shutter button works as, half push to focus, full push down to take picture. Not as two pushes as suggested above. I will assume as a seasoned owner you know that you can't take pictures with video recording, so I will rule that out. Sounds like a possible software glitch, might be as simple as a software refresh in Asst. 2.

I went ahead and googled the problem and there were a few hits of the problem mentioned in the past on DJI forums. So unsure if I can provide that link here but will try. If not just google your issue in most direct terms and you should see the subject over there. Best of luck wish I could be of more help. Click this link: Unable to take pictures using smart controller.

Isn’t that button programmable? If so, maybe just need to re-program. See here:

Well if it works fine with another aircraft "we" know the actual button is working. So to clear up a above comment, the shutter button works as, half push to focus, full push down to take picture. Not as two pushes as suggested above. I will assume as a seasoned owner you know that you can't take pictures with video recording, so I will rule that out. Sounds like a possible software glitch, might be as simple as a software refresh in Asst. 2.

I went ahead and googled the problem and there were a few hits of the problem mentioned in the past on DJI forums. So unsure if I can provide that link here but will try. If not just google your issue in most direct terms and you should see the subject over there. Best of luck wish I could be of more help. Click this link: Unable to take pictures using smart controller.
Hi, thanks for the reply and also the link did work fine. I think I’m going to re flash the software, controller and the aircraft and see if that works. I’ve been working on some light painting projects lately and have reprogrammed some of the buttons to control the landing lights while in flight. Since this is a recent issue I may have inadvertently changed something.

Thanks for your input and I’ll post a reply when I figure it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine