DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update for M2P standard controller not working

RCFlyer

Reactions
Hi all,
I have 2 Mavic 2 pro drones. One of them I have already updated, it upgraded a/c and batteries without a problem. Trying to update the second, when connected to my ipad and checking for updates, it indicated that it was up to date. I then downloaded Assistant 2, did the aircraft update, it was 3 levels behind, so I did the updates one at a time. The standard controller and batteries have not responded to any updating. The controller is on Version 1.00.0640 and there is no button to check for update. In doing research it seems like there is a newer version (or is that only for the smart controller?).
1. Why doesn't the controller have a check for update button?
2. Can it be updated with dji assistant 2? If so, how? I connected it to the side port and the bottom port but nothing showed up on DJI Assistant.
3. Shouldn't the batteries get an update? I haven't updated anything in a few years so figured there would be some kind of update. My other M2P had updates for the batteries.
4. Finally, how do I get the rest of the firmware updates loaded?
Thanks.
P.S. I am seeing the RID so that at least worked.

I think I figured it out. Apparently the DJI Go4 app was not starting at the beginning screen so it wasn't checking controller firmware level. Tapping the DJI hot spot in the upper left corner put me to the starting screen and it noticed the firmware needed to be updated.

Good to hear that you have is sorted out.

Hi all,
I have 2 Mavic 2 pro drones. One of them I have already updated, it upgraded a/c and batteries without a problem. Trying to update the second, when connected to my ipad and checking for updates, it indicated that it was up to date. I then downloaded Assistant 2, did the aircraft update, it was 3 levels behind, so I did the updates one at a time. The standard controller and batteries have not responded to any updating. The controller is on Version 1.00.0640 and there is no button to check for update. In doing research it seems like there is a newer version (or is that only for the smart controller?).
1. Why doesn't the controller have a check for update button?
2. Can it be updated with dji assistant 2? If so, how? I connected it to the side port and the bottom port but nothing showed up on DJI Assistant.
3. Shouldn't the batteries get an update? I haven't updated anything in a few years so figured there would be some kind of update. My other M2P had updates for the batteries.
4. Finally, how do I get the rest of the firmware updates loaded?
Thanks.
P.S. I am seeing the RID so that at least worked.
First of all Glad to see you now have the updates that you wanted.

You now have to use "Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones." version 2.1.18
(Not the old Assistant 2 or Assistant 2 for Mavic)
(see below read on this is no longer true)

But be carefull: once you use version 2.1.18 and higher you will not be able to roll back to earlier firmware.
Even as I write this I notice that there has been a further update that I was unaware of
"Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones."Its now version v2.1.20

I wonder what else this upgrade will force upon us?!

In the Go 4 App you can check the status.
1709644206100.png
This is in the About Menu in the Go 4 App click on the drone icon 1709644650791.pngand then the three dots in the lower left list. 1709644722183.png. Now scroll to the bottom and touch About
1709644860273.png
1709644274569.png

I forgot to add:-
You need to use a Standard USB to Micro USB cable, to update the standard controller.
Connect the controller via the left hand side port Micro usb connector.
(Be sure to have the rounded side upper most so as not to break the connector.)

The standard USB connector on the other end goes into your PC USB Port.
After connection Open Assistant 2 then swithch the controller on.
Assistent 2 should now recognise the controller.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne