DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Mismatch between Radio and Magic

Did you try updating the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 app?

Connect the Assistant 2 to the Rc,

Open Assistant 2

Connect USB

Turn on RC and wait upto 2 minutes then it should connect then update to the latest release.

You need to do the craft and RC separately, also if you have any additional batteries you will need to turn the Mavic on with those in too and follow the onscreen prompts.

Just make sure each pack is above 50%

No, you will get an "inconsistent firmware" warning and then prompted to update.

Connect the Assistant 2 to the Rc,

Open Assistant 2

Connect USB

Turn on RC and wait upto 2 minutes then it should connect then update to the latest release.

You need to do the craft and RC separately, also if you have any additional batteries you will need to turn the Mavic on with those in too and follow the onscreen prompts.

Just make sure each pack is above 50%

Thanks. I will try what you recommended. My Mac did not detect my RC but I guess I didn't wait that long.

1. First attempt to update was through my iPad Mini 2 through my home broadband. It said "Dowloand Complete" then updating. Stuck at 0%. **Inside the house.
  2. Second attempt was through my s7 Edge via my home broadband. It was clueless of any updates available. **Inside the house
  3. Third attempt was through my Mac via my home broadband. Had no issues updating the aircraft but the remote was not detected by the Mac and DJi Assistant. Hence, the mismatch. I got a ready to fly message but got scared so went back inside. **Inside the house.
  4. Fourth attempt was outside the house and away from my house's wifi routers. S7 Edge through my mobile carriers data. Everything went smoothly albeit slow. Updated the aircraft, radio and all 3 batteries. Flew on Sunday with no hitches.
All's good. Thanks for the responses.

The remote needs to be powered up AFTER connecting the USB cable or it's not detected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp