DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update changed no fly zones?

joe_gomez

Reactions
Hey all, I updated my firmware before a short backyard flight and when I booted up, the mavic wouldn't let me take off because I was in a no fly zone. Never got the strong "cannot take off" lock before, I did get the class E zone warnings, but not this. has anyone else run into this?

Hey all, I updated my firmware before a short backyard flight and when I booted up, the mavic wouldn't let me take off because I was in a no fly zone. Never got the strong "cannot take off" lock before, I did get the class E zone warnings, but not this. has anyone else run into this?
same here

What does your address show on the DJI website? Did your town become a no-fly-zone?

I've also got the same problem. I'm flying at an approved RC aircraft and drone flying range but it is within 5 miles of Offutt AFB in Nebraska. I was able to fly but it continuously kept giving me the warning screen making my view of the flight almost impossible. At least Litchi was able to fly without the warnings. But I really need to know how to disable it or change the settings to allow flying in this area.

Me too..after i'm update latest firmware, controller screen display '' NEAR NFZ "', and always need update database flight zone from android.., then i'm just downgrade back, it''s work back to normal..

I think that the No fly zones should be enforced by geofencing altitude and distance if you are in a no fly zone.
I dont see how flying your drone in door or on your own backyard causing any issues to anyone.

I am near an abandonned air field from the pacific war and it is in a red zone...
on the DJI geofence map on internet the spot is not present but on djigo4 map it is there...
really anoying...
what to do ?

I am near an abandonned air field from the pacific war and it is in a red zone...
on the DJI geofence map on internet the spot is not present but on djigo4 map it is there...
really anoying...
what to do ?

downgrade to .400

thank you JJM
will I lose anything else from downgrading to .400 ?

I'm downgrading mine right now back to .400. So I'll give it a try as soon as possible to see if that works any better.

I'm downgrading mine right now back to .400. So I'll give it a try as soon as possible to see if that works any better.
I will do the same promptly this evening when I'll come back home.

I saw this post from Drone Master and it works :
With Go 4 all you have to do is have everything turned on and tap and hold the option button in the upper right screen for 3 seconds and it will bring up the downgrade screen. Select the last version to downgrade.

is this an easter egg from the DjiGo4 ? never seen this info elsewhere, it is brillant !

My fear is that when the next FW update comes out, the .400 will be removed from the list of available firmware. Does anyone know if it's possible to "flash" a FW image manually? If so, we can archive all version and pick and choose when needed - effectively jail-breaking our Mavics.

Reactions: Mavicjon999
My fear is that when the next FW update comes out, the .400 will be removed from the list of available firmware. Does anyone know if it's possible to "flash" a FW image manually? If so, we can archive all version and pick and choose when needed - effectively jail-breaking our Mavics.
;)Or just not update.

Reactions: halley and LuvMyTJ
I fear there is a "Time to Expire" on all DJI firmware versions. At some point, the thing won't lift off until you upgrade.

I fear there is a "Time to Expire" on all DJI firmware versions. At some point, the thing won't lift off until you upgrade.

Yeah I have that same fear but look on the bright side!
The internal clock is still stamping my photos as taken in 1951.
We may have 67 years until expiration.

Rob

I can't fly anywhere locally,at home,in the garden....NFZ on controller.....minimum 20 minutes drive for flying...

I think that the No fly zones should be enforced by geofencing altitude and distance if you are in a no fly zone.
I dont see how flying your drone in door or on your own backyard causing any issues to anyone.

I can't fly indoors because of a no fly zone. Sometimes the GPS signal is weak and I can fire up the motors, but once reception comes back the motors will stop. Bummer. I knew this going in though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21