DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0300

Unfortunately, after upgrading the firmware to V0300, my brand new MM battery that power the update was bricked. I received a “battery cell error.” It is now on its way to DJI for a replacement.

Just updated with zero issues.. All motor warning are now gone.. Still flies just as smooth. Weirdly I'm getting better range and video signal now too flying from same areas I did before... Not sure if they tweeked the transmission too cos it's not in the firmware list...
Aircraft radar now works as it should which is good at last... Now all we need is the SDK for Litchi and way points lol

Reactions: pyrolator and bebbe
Yesterday I updated my Mavic mini with the latest firmware.

When I tried it it was very windy but it still flew great. Did not receive as many warnings as usual when there is much wind.

Last edited:
Weirdly I'm getting better range and video signal now too flying from same areas I did before... Not sure if they tweeked the transmission too cos it's not in the firmware list...
Probably yes, as not only the Mini got updated but also the remote...

WIth the latest firmware update i got prompted to update 1 of my 3 batteries. The last firmware update i had similar. Quite odd but all batteries work
Same with mine - only one of three.

Same with mine - only one of three.
Did you update all of your batteries when updating the MM to 0200?
Maybe the 0300 is not backwards compatible to the old battery firmware in case you did miss to update it before. And now the battery update might lack within 0300 to fix that.
So one approach would be flashing the old 0200 firmware via DJI assistant, doing the battery update and then updating to 0300 again. Then the problem might be fixed.

the .200 code requird all batteries to be updated, the .300 seemingly did not need that, but updated radio.

Yes. But I guess the radio will be updated at the same time as the drone.

Does anybody know if you can perform a AC firmware update with the battery removed and just plugged into a PC with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic?
The AC has to be powered on for the PC to even see the AC. The USB doesn't provide sufficient power to power the AC.
So you do need the battery.

As a rule, whenever you update the firmware it is wise to recalibrate everything, IMO, compass, gimbal and flight optical sensors. I lost a whole trip to Costa Rica’s video after upgrading firmware without recalibrating. All my video ended up being weirdly out of focus which I only realized after I got home to view the footage on my large computer screen. I suspect most of the flyaways listed on these pages could have been avoided with recalibration.

Your out of focus was more likely being in manual focus or AF but not AFC. On takeoff there's often objects close up, like grass, which is what the camera will focus on. Then when you get up in the air, all your objects are near infinity, but your focus is still close up.

That's happened to me so now I have the setting enabled where it shows how fine the focus is. If I don't see enough red, I hit the focus button to refocus.

Just updated with zero issues.. All motor warning are now gone.. Still flies just as smooth. Weirdly I'm getting better range and video signal now too flying from same areas I did before... Not sure if they tweeked the transmission too cos it's not in the firmware list...
Aircraft radar now works as it should which is good at last... Now all we need is the SDK for Litchi and way points lol

Will Litchi overcome the limitation of 500 meters that DJI puts on a US bought drone in the EU?

Probably not. Limitation is based on hardware/firmware. Only if Litchi tricks the RC/AC on GPS might that work but I doubt Litchi would intentionally support that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d