First 36 hrs with my Mavic

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos' started by JakeO, Nov 18, 2016.

1. JakeO

JakeO Active Member

This is my first drone. I got a practice cheap drone for 3 weeks to play with while waiting for this. I am new to editing and nothing more then an entry level hobbyist. Cant wait for my polar pro filter!! I clearly need it.
    this morning - Lake Fly Over

Yesterday afternoon - messing around

jamgabbi, mikeroycollins and dam like this.
  2. dam

dam Well-Known Member

Nice.. you certainly didnt waste time after opening the box.. One question did you have the gimbal cover on while filming ?

3. JakeO

JakeO Active Member

No cover on. I know you saw that nasty reflection in the beginning of the lake video. the sun was just rising and when I was pointed anywhere near it - it was a problem. I realize that time of day the right thing to do is to likely keep the sun to my back and when I did that later in the video things are better. I also hope that a Polar Pro ND lense might take the edge off that moving forward once I get one.

In the second video, it was late in the afternoon and also a bit of a challenge with the sun. Again I think that shoot would have been much improved by a ND filter. I am an amateur and only know what I read over the last month online. Maybe I am expecting too much from the Polar Pro filters.

learning, but having even more fun :)

4. JakeO

JakeO Active Member

One more

mikeroycollins likes this.
  5. The Editor

The Editor Well-Known Member

Where are the ghosts then?

6. dam

dam Well-Known Member

Nice, those trees were pretty tall.. good job..

7. JakeO

JakeO Active Member

Thanks, I am a rookie still for sure but with each flight I get a little better. I just need to find some stuff to shoot now :)

8. JakeO

JakeO Active Member

btw I post this stuff because I know there are 100s of people waiting on their Mavic and all they have at this point are the video's like this people post to make the days go by.. Just 4 days ago I was one of them.

9. KONY

KONY Well-Known Member

lovely fall colors, thank u for sharing ;)