DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight Lasted 6 Seconds and Crashed

I can't seem to get any info off the drone now. Flight Data and Black Box don't have anything in them. However when I go to the Data Upload tab it shows 16 different records. Can I get the .dat from there?
The .DAT files are not in the Black Box. They are accessed by selecting Flight Data. Look here to see more info on this procedure.

I gotta ask. This was the very first flight and the incident was clearly caused by a hardware issue. Why aren't you pursuing a warranty claim with DJI? Seems especially clear that this would be repaired under warranty.

I havent contacted them at all yet. Everyone was saying it is simple as recalibrate everything, so I figured it doesnt warrant a return. Plus who knows how long it will take to get back. I did get it in 3 days though after purchasing directly from DJI earlier this month.

I also got the DJI refresh or whatever it is called. I dont want them to use up one of the replacements for something stupid like this. Ill probably hit them up tomorrow.

I havent contacted them at all yet. Everyone was saying it is simple as recalibrate everything, so I figured it doesnt warrant a return. Plus who knows how long it will take to get back. I did get it in 3 days though after purchasing directly from DJI earlier this month.
Negatory. This isn't a recalibrate anything kind of situation. Especially now that it indicates esc errors and won't start. Didn't see the recalibrate advice, but I haven't followed that close.

Reactions: bangkokbeast
check in app the magnetic sensors...toilet bowl it is 99% because the compass was not calibrated ...esc could be result of impact...or the cause....also

Negatory. This isn't a recalibrate anything kind of situation. Especially now that it indicates esc errors and won't start. Didn't see the recalibrate advice, but I haven't followed that close.

Hey Bud,

I decided to do what you and some others said and sent the done back to DJI. As it turns out it was broken from the factory and they replaced the "Core Board" all under warranty. So that is cool. It will be back with me in a week and I can try to fly it again. Thanks so much for all your help guys. I have a feeling that Ill be posting either another "I crashed" or "here is some awesome footage" soon.

Not having tried it myself, I was quick to jump to conclusion. Turns out white props can't lock in to black motors, and vice versa. Sorry, guys. I'm an idiot.
Yes maybe but black props can lock in white motors. Did it by mistake and Mavic would not fly. You have to press down a bit harder but it does fit. On mine just felt like a tighter fit (as opposed to having to force). Anyway needed to order more white props and will fit when get tomorrow. All should be well then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead