DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight problem!

Infant

Reactions
Hello, guys! I got my mavic pro today (this was my first drone, I have never flown a drone before) and charged it and wanted to experience the flight outside. When I started to takeoff it didn't stand in a single position, it started moving back or sideways and got hit a couple off times. What was the problem? Can you guys help me?

Practice with the simulator first. Check in the simulator if your settings are correct. Perform IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface and exactly following the directions on the GO app screen. And do a compass calibration on a location without Electro/Magnetic interference and without any large steel objects nearby. Switch phone to airplane mode while calibrating and make sure your car keys are not close to the drone while you do the 'dance'.

And please keep it in beginner mode for the time being.

Reactions: dozzn
Sounds like you just need to edumacate your self before you pilot. I watched hours of video and read tons of threads before my first flight. Not to mention the practice simulator.

Reactions: Bergumbira
@Infant - Did you wait for enough satellites and for the app to announce that the home point had been set? It really just seems like you might have launched before it was ready.....? Otherwise, run the calibrations mentioned above.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I think that the other posters hit the nail on the head! You probably took off before the Mavic was ready to fly. It must have a green banner on the top of the app not yellow or red. I've never had my Mavic move at all when I take off.

As mentioned above, I think it may have been the GPS mode not yet in operation (Ready to fly) before starting up.
Too impatient grasshopper :)

Maybe do what I'm going to do before flying again, make up a pre check flight list and run through that until it becomes 2nd nature.

Question.... Did u even unpack the manual let alone read it ?

Lol, do you all get the same "manuals" and other booklets that come standard, like the print in about 1pt in size ??
Do yourself a favour, and download the PDF manuals from DJI site, save to desktop computer for reading thoroughly, or iBooks (or other pdf reader) on a mobile device.

Also, even after you read the manual (you won't remember everything, but at least if something does pop up, you will likely remember "hey,, I think that is in the manual", and you go and find that subject in the manual and refresh your self. Progress...

Also, even after you get some flights under the belt, and you do become a bit more confidant, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, wait for the nice Lady to say "The home point has been updated, please check it on the map"...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark