DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flights.

Almaz Aswad

Reactions
First video to share with fellow pilots. Shot with Mavic 2 Pro. 4k FOV, D-Log, H265. Polar Pro ND/PL #8. Post process; Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects,
Wish YouTube would let you upload a full 4k video, the compression on YouTube just doesn't do the Mavic footage justice. I'm gonna learn how to post the best quality I can, but for now enjoy.

FIRST FLIGHTS

Last edited:
Thanks Larry . . . what Lakes were those? At first I thought it was Silverwood Lake but the Dam looks different.

Thanks Larry . . . what Lakes were those? At first I thought it was Silverwood Lake but the Dam looks different.

One of the lakes is indeed Silverwood Lake. I shot that footage from above the dam. The other lake is Lake Mathews. Thanks for checking it out

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
First video to share with fellow pilots. Shot with Mavic 2 Pro. 4k FOV, D-Log, H265. Polar Pro ND/PL #8. Post process; Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects,
Wish YouTube would let you upload a full 4k video, the compression on YouTube just doesn't do the Mavic footage justice. I'm gonna learn how to post the best quality I can, but for now enjoy.

FIRST FLIGHTS
This was a great first effort. A few random thoughts while watching:
the clips or sequences are short- which is GOOD
slow down a bit...jerky pans and footage are distracting
A jumble of subjects not related -sort of like no plot development. I like to keep all the related subjects together (like lake views).
You were really tempting the crash gods- power wires-tall field lights, whew- just barely missed that one, and that one, and that one.
Editing efforts good. I found it worth the money to get a Vimeo account. The free account can still offer 4K I think. I have the Pro account allows up to 5 GB a month. I am not sure of that though.

Keep up the practice and the flying and publishing to forums. I learn something every single time I submit a video (I am also using your same software).

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
This was a great first effort. A few random thoughts while watching:
the clips or sequences are short- which is GOOD
slow down a bit...jerky pans and footage are distracting
A jumble of subjects not related -sort of like no plot development. I like to keep all the related subjects together (like lake views).
You were really tempting the crash gods- power wires-tall field lights, whew- just barely missed that one, and that one, and that one.
Editing efforts good. I found it worth the money to get a Vimeo account. The free account can still offer 4K I think. I have the Pro account allows up to 5 GB a month. I am not sure of that though.

Keep up the practice and the flying and publishing to forums. I learn something every single time I submit a video (I am also using your same software).
Hi Dale and thanks so much for taking the time to watch and critique.

This video was a test of my ability to shoot, color correct (switched from normal to Dlog H.265) 10 minutes after I looked at my first clip) and edit the footage in premiere. Learning Media encoder and how that works etc. So I used the random clips I had for my ”test.’

I’m planning to shoot tomorrow and I’m gonna do some Gimbal movement adjusting, use tripod and cinematic modes to see what they have to offer. I was not happy with a lot of the pans either. I also think the 30fps ceiling is limiting, what do you think?

Yes I crashed my 2nd M2P Xmas day, but the near misses of the lights were intentional practice?

Never used Vimeo, can you explain the possible advantages for posting there instead of YouTube?

Again, thanks so much. I followed you and heading to look at some of your work?

lg

Hi Dale and thanks so much for taking the time to watch and critique.

This video was a test of my ability to shoot, color correct (switched from normal to Dlog H.265) 10 minutes after I looked at my first clip) and edit the footage in premiere. Learning Media encoder and how that works etc. So I used the random clips I had for my ”test.’

I’m planning to shoot tomorrow and I’m gonna do some Gimbal movement adjusting, use tripod and cinematic modes to see what they have to offer. I was not happy with a lot of the pans either. I also think the 30fps ceiling is limiting, what do you think?

Yes I crashed my 2nd M2P Xmas day, but the near misses of the lights were intentional practice?

Never used Vimeo, can you explain the possible advantages for posting there instead of YouTube?

Again, thanks so much. I followed you and heading to look at some of your work?

lg
Don't get me wrong- I love FREE. You Tube is free. But Vimeo has some advantages which are best explained in their web site. www.vimeo.com. Go to their site and open all of the FAQ's to answer common questions. Try it. I simultaneously upload all of my stuff to BOTH with each project I do since YouTube is free.
They have a free plan which I used for several years until I really got into video editing with Premiere. Then I increased my download capacity by joining the cheapest next level plan. They allow some tweaking in post , I believe, like sharpening, etc. I also think they allow 4 K. In Premiere, I am trying to shoot most things in 4K and process in 4K. Lots to learn for me too. I am usually shooting 4K 24 fps. Here are three of my most recent projects. They are all multi media (DJI Osmo Action, iPhone XS Max, DSLR timelapse sequences, DSLR stills-using Nikon D750). Some motion slider video in the Montana and Iceland clips.

Keep at it and we can follow each other's progress!

Iceland- May 2019.
. (About 14 minutes)
Zambia-Madagascar September,2019
(24 minutes)
Montana- Aug.2019.
(10 minutes)

Don't get me wrong- I love FREE. You Tube is free. But Vimeo has some advantages which are best explained in their web site. www.vimeo.com. Go to their site and open all of the FAQ's to answer common questions. Try it. I simultaneously upload all of my stuff to BOTH with each project I do since YouTube is free.
They have a free plan which I used for several years until I really got into video editing with Premiere. Then I increased my download capacity by joining the cheapest next level plan. They allow some tweaking in post , I believe, like sharpening, etc. I also think they allow 4 K. In Premiere, I am trying to shoot most things in 4K and process in 4K. Lots to learn for me too. I am usually shooting 4K 24 fps. Here are three of my most recent projects. They are all multi media (DJI Osmo Action, iPhone XS Max, DSLR timelapse sequences, DSLR stills-using Nikon D750). Some motion slider video in the Montana and Iceland clips.

Iceland- May 2019.
. (About 14 minutes)
(24 minutes)
Montana- Aug.2019.
(10 minutes)
Absolutely, and thanks again. My New M2P is at the door, so will check your work a bit later, The thumbnails are great already.

Absolutely, and thanks again. My New M2P is at the door, so will check your work a bit later, The thumbnails are great already.
One more thing-There were NO DRONES permitted at the safari camp in Zambia so the drone footage (Mavic Air) does not start until I got to Madagascar. Have a good flight

Iceland- May 2019.
. (About 14 minutes)
(24 minutes)
Montana- Aug.2019.
(10 minutes)
Okay I had to peek...just stunning already. Two questions; Was this shot in 4K Dlog and published as 4K? And do you find that it’s smoother to speed up 24fps rather than speeding up 30fps“. I’m gonna watch more of your stuff while my shower warms?

Okay I had to peek...just stunning already. Two questions; Was this shot in 4K Dlog and published as 4K? And do you find that it’s smoother to speed up 24fps rather than speeding up 30fps“. I’m gonna watch more of your stuff while my shower warms?
I have not been shooting in D-Log. I mostly shot the MavAir 24fps 4 K and let Premiere adjust everything else to it by upscaling. Just spent an hour learning about this yesterday with Matt Johnson video.

Iceland- May 2019.
. (About 14 minutes)
(24 minutes)
Montana- Aug.2019.
(10 minutes)

Hi Dale,
just spend some quality time viewing your work. Thoroughly enjoyed it, well done! You are a privileged couple to travel together for such a beautiful experience. Thanks mate for sharing.
From Down Under

Attachments

• DJI_0292.jpeg
    DJI_0292.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Dale D
Hi Dale,
just spend some quality time viewing your work. Thoroughly enjoyed it, well done! You are a privileged couple to travel together for such a beautiful experience. Thanks mate for sharing.
From Down Under
I just love being called "mate." Thanks for viewing , and you made my Sunday.

I just love being called "mate." Thanks for viewing , and you made my Sunday.
Ditto! Incredible stuff sir, bravo?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev