DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first proper flight ,and first thoughts

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
well managed to have a break in the weather first thing this morning so i charged up the one Battery i have activated so far, and went up to my local park where i regularly fly
although the Air 3 is obviously louder than the Mini 3 pro close by ,once up above at 150ft plus it is not really to bad ,mainly because of the lower pitch of the sound ,and compared to my MPP it is much harder to hear at height ,during the flight i had 32 sat's locked ,and according to the flight data, it flew for 23 minutes a total distance of 1.51 km, max height 56m, and after i had to land, because it started to rain, i still had an indicated 55% battery remaining
i took some pics at various points in pairs from the same view point using both of the cameras for comparison
and i will post them once i have downloaded them to my hard drive
overall though for a first flight ,i was very happy with the way it performed

Just pics or videos too?

one other area of difference could be the processor, which would impact how quickly it processes pianos and hyper lapses .

Just pics or videos too?

one other area of difference could be the processor, which would impact how quickly it processes pianos and hyper lapses .
no sorry only pics

I am curious- On the Air2s the braking was very sudden- the drone would really pitch up and down wildly when I would try to make a smooth stop to get it to stop smoothly I had to adjust my Rates. Do you notice if they have done any adjustments on the 3 model that makes that less-noticeable?

Reactions: old man mavic
@Cafguy ,as you know it is now possible to adjust the brake sensitivity in the different modes
i did not notice it stopping suddenly even though i was flying with bypass on ,i think that it is much smoother now when the sensors are enabled, as it now uses the same APAS 5.0 as the Mavic 3 series and a similar omnidirectional detection system ,when the Mini 3 pro first came out it was really violent stopping in bypass no matter what direction it was going in
i have never flown an Air 2s so i cant compare it to that sorry

Reactions: Cafguy
Just pics or videos too?

Does it play Liberace in flight? 🤣

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas