DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flickering Video in 1080p

Chapperz

Reactions
Hi

I noticed this when filming in 1080p and I'm baffled. if you look at the uprights/pillers on the bridge at the beginning when I yaw left, (you have to watch in 1080) you'll see them kind of flicker/shake/vibrate... can somebody tell me what this is and how to fix it please?

Also, I noticed a brick wall strobing the other day, kind of like when a stripey shirt would on TV.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I am in no way a drone photographer but read below and Maybe this is some of it.

Rolling shutters are able to follow quick movements that cannot be noticed by users. But the biggest trouble is observed when camera is used to perform quick pans or it has to work with extremely moving subjects same as airplane propellers. These quick pans cause jello effect in clips and images .
This can be cleaned up in Post with a "Jello Filter"

Also, I noticed a brick wall strobing the other day, kind of like when a stripey shirt would on TV.

It's rare, but it does happen...occasionally when the sun is behind the drone, you may experience prop shadows on the footage.

The sun will shine through the props and give a shimmering effect when recording.

Just a thought. 🤔

I am in no way a drone photographer but read below and Maybe this is some of it.

Rolling shutters are able to follow quick movements that cannot be noticed by users. But the biggest trouble is observed when camera is used to perform quick pans or it has to work with extremely moving subjects same as airplane propellers. These quick pans cause jello effect in clips and images .
That's the jello effect?

That's the jello effect?
Yes it can also be caused by other things such as Unbalanced or Damaged props
Once again I'm not sure This is your problem but I have heard it caused by this before- by some Pros
As far as the wall thing I have no idea

The description sure sounds like the jello effect. Can you share the problem video?

It can be reduced, especially when panning, by lowering shutter speed. If you're shooting 4K/60 and following the double shutter rule, shooting 4K/30 will allow dropping the shutter to 1/60 instead of 1/120, and it may go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Yes it can also be caused by other things such as Unbalanced or Damaged props
Once again I'm not sure This is your problem but I have heard it caused by this before- by some Pros
As far as the wall thing I have no idea

The description sure sounds like the jello effect. Can you share the problem video?

It can be reduced, especially when panning, by lowering shutter speed. If you're shooting 4K/60 and following the double shutter rule, shooting 4K/30 will allow dropping the shutter to 1/60 instead of 1/120, and it may go away.

Once would have been enough, but thanks.

EDIT: okay I'm blind... I couldn't see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman