DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight and distance limited because "Account Not Logged In"

Do you have a mobile phone signal at this location? If so, tether the drone to it using hotspot. I've read similar threads and I think you'll find this is all about RID transmission, it looks like DJI loves your wallet, but doesn't respect your rights to fly responsibly without the Nanny State being able to monitor everything you do, so: no real-time RID transmission equals your drone being put in kiddies toy mode whether you like it or not.
This is not related to RID. This issue predates RID by years.

Yesterday I encountered this problem up in a mountain without internet service on 2,000m above sea level. Although initially in one location that had some internet flee normally when I got to a place without signal at all it prevented me from flying. It is a joke to not be able to clime 2500 waiting to get beautiful videos and to restrict you to 50m distance. So there’s no way to override this? Is it based on pure luck?
I’m not that much of a drone pilot knowing technical stuff, I got a mavic mini 2 and use it mostly on hikes and this has happened to me enough times to make me not wanna carry the extra weight for 50m radius

Reactions: Torque
Yesterday I encountered this problem up in a mountain without internet service on 2,000m above sea level. Although initially in one location that had some internet flee normally when I got to a place without signal at all it prevented me from flying. It is a joke to not be able to clime 2500 waiting to get beautiful videos and to restrict you to 50m distance. So there’s no way to override this? Is it based on pure luck?
I’m not that much of a drone pilot knowing technical stuff, I got a mavic mini 2 and use it mostly on hikes and this has happened to me enough times to make me not wanna carry the extra weight for 50m radius
This is frustrating , So I have not had to chance to try this yet , but here is the Hack I was going to try. Sign in with your controller before your hike and keep it powered on with an external battery pack if needed.

Now the issue might be the constant beeping sound reminding you the controller is left on but you might be able to turn that down in the settings.

Maybe someone will have something better , such as an Autel drone but keep me posted.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Capture the big waves.

NFZ, maybe I understand that. That is because of others that do not comply with legislation. But the need for an account and internet I certainly don't understand that or agree.But again, is our fault. Why do we keep go for dji? Imagine a car with this "feature" and your kid being sick. You can't go faster than 10km/h because you are not logged in 😂😂 You know that this will happen eventually right? Because we accept it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_