DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Logs via Mac

SIRRJ

Reactions
Hi Guys

Yesterday my Mavic Pro failed to return home and instead landed on a road 500m from home. Thankfully I was able to recover the drone but now I am trying to workout what happened.

Can someone assist with how to get the flight Logs off the drone using a Mac please?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you. That link shows me how to get the logs off the DJI GO 4 app on the iPhone but the more detailed flight Logs are on the drone itself. Having issues connecting the drone to a Mac [emoji22]
Are you running DJI Assistant 2?

Thank you. That link shows me how to get the logs off the DJI GO 4 app on the iPhone but the more detailed flight Logs are on the drone itself. Having issues connecting the drone to a Mac [emoji22]

If you are on Firmware 1.4.0100 then the current version of DJI Assistant cannot see these files yet as it needs updating to allow access to the detailed flight logs stored on the built in Mavic SD card.

0100 changed the built in file structure and DJI Assistant 2 needs changing to be able to read this new structure.

Looks like Assistant 2 V1.2.0 was released on 29-12-17 ......

Have you installed this version ??

Last edited:
Reactions: rfc
If you are on Firmware 1.4.0100 then the current version of DJI Assistant cannot see these files yet as it needs updating to allow access to the detailed flight logs stored on the built in Mavic SD card.

0100 changed the built in file structure and DJI Assistant 2 needs changing to be able to read this new structure.

Looks like Assistant 2 V1.2.0 was released on 29-12-17 ......

Have you installed this version ??

Thank you!!! That wasn’t the version I was running. Have now upgraded and can connect the drone to the software but still can’t get any flight data. Has anyone been able to do this on a Mac?

Thank you!!! That wasn’t the version I was running. Have now upgraded and can connect the drone to the software but still can’t get any flight data. Has anyone been able to do this on a Mac?

I don't have a Mac sorry but I'll test the latest PC version as I haven't yet so I don't know if they have fixed it yet.

Do you see this icon when logged it to Assistant 2 ? And have you clicked it to refresh your screen ?

040420hbbyib7622bty5gb.png

I have been able to get data on that screen but don’t know what to do with the saved .dat file. I cannot see any data though when I click on the “Flight Data” menu on the left

I have been able to get data on that screen but don’t know what to do with the saved .dat file. I cannot see any data though when I click on the “Flight Data” menu on the left

OK I'll let you know how I get on with the PC version.

If you see the flight logs then you should be able to export them to your mac.

Have you been able to do this ?

Have you been able to do this ?

Thanks @Anthony I have been able to do everything on that video but this is only the flight details stored on the phone. I cannot get anything to show in the 'Flight Data' tab within the DJI Assistant app on the Mac

Thank you @sar104 I can do the first part of the directions on that link to get a compressed .DAT file but part 2 under the heading of 'Mounted Drive Disk' is the issue I have when nothing shows for me within the 'Flight Data' tab???

Thank you @sar104 I can do the first part of the directions on that link to get a compressed .DAT file but part 2 under the heading of 'Mounted Drive Disk' is the issue I have when nothing shows for me within the 'Flight Data' tab???
Since your FW is 03.01.0900 or later the Mounted Drive instructions aren't relevant.

From your posts is sounds like you have the compressed .DAT file? Something with a name like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-01-06_18-06-48.DAT? If so, that's the .DAT you're interested in. Use ExtractDJI to decompress it to obtain the individual FLYxxx.DAT files. ExtractDJI is an app that is bundled with both CsvView and DatCon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIRRJ
Since your FW is 03.01.0900 or later the Mounted Drive instructions aren't relevant.

From your posts is sounds like you have the compressed .DAT file? Something with a name like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-01-06_18-06-48.DAT? If so, that's the .DAT you're interested in. Use ExtractDJI to decompress that it to obtain the individual FLYxxx.DAT files. ExtractDJI is an app that is bundled with both CsvView and DatCon.

That is excellent will try that process tomorrow. Thank you!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukegotit