DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight modes

djifish

Reactions
Hi guys and gals thanks for all the great advice so far..each outing I'm more comfortable but I can't get follow me mode to work it keeps saying poor GPS but when I'm in normal the GPS is fine and I'm on an oval not a million miles from nowhere..any tips please

...can't get follow me mode to work it keeps saying poor GPS
That mode usually follows the RC (or actually the GPS position your mobile device provides)... so if that position is missing or isn't good enough, that mode fails.

Reactions: Chris4koi
That mode usually follows the RC (or actually the GPS position your mobile device provides)... so if that position is missing or isn't good enough, that mode fails.
Does it? What does it use when you set it to follow someone else? And is it the same in DJI Fly as it is in Litchi?

Does it? What does it use when you set it to follow someone else? And is it the same in DJI Fly as it is in Litchi?
Modes you refer to (follow something else...) usually have names including something with tracking depending on drone app. Tracking is usually initiated by marking the object on the app screen (dragging a green square around it perhaps), then the object is tracked visually.

Litchi have both a Follow & a Tracking mode ...

Note how you get to know the mobile device GPS accuracy in the Litchi app in this mode
1678368434090.png

1678368502872.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Modes you refer to (follow something else...) usually have names including something with tracking depending on drone app. Tracking is usually initiated by marking the object on the app screen (dragging a green square around it perhaps), then the object is tracked visually.

Litchi have both a Follow & a Tracking mode ...

Note how you get to know the mobile device GPS accuracy in the Litchi app in this mode
View attachment 161475

View attachment 161476

I figured as much with Litchi but in DJI Fly, you draw a box around yourself to get followed so I didn't think it used GPS for that function.

I figured as much with Litchi but in DJI Fly, you draw a box around yourself to get followed so I didn't think it used GPS for that function.
The DJI Fly app wasn't mentioned in the first post ... the thread is also placed in the General Discussion section. But in general... if you have both modes (Follow & Tracking) one of them will be dependent on the RC GPS & the other on having a clear visual sighting of the object.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
The DJI Fly app wasn't mentioned in the first post ... the thread is also placed in the General Discussion section. But in general... if you have both modes (Follow & Tracking) one of them will be dependent on the RC GPS & the other on having a clear visual sighting of the object.
You are right, it wasn't. And neither were any other apps.

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm using dji go 4

When I open follow me mode I get up to the minimum height and put my finger on screen to highlight myself but as soon as I move the Mavic doesn't even move

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm using dji go 4
When I open follow me mode I get up to the minimum height and put my finger on screen to highlight myself but as soon as I move the Mavic doesn't even move
In the DJI GO 4 app the "Follow Me mode" rely on the GPS position of your mobile device you've attached to your RC ... & with this mode you don't need to tap on the screen to highlight anything. Turn the drone towards yourself (towards the mobile device/RC that is), have the drone in P-mode & not in Sport mode. Ascend above 10m height ... & activate Follow Me. If the mobile device GPS position is good enough the drone will follow it (and you) when you walk off.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli