Vision Sensor Errors - Brand New Drone

RS6_Pilot

Reactions
Brand new Mavic 3 Pro

Red splat and vision sensor error

1. FWD and BKWD unavailable
2. LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
3. UP/DOWN unavailable

Was about a mile out over the coast line when I started to see a red oval marker on the screen. Then the vision sensor error came on and I noticed the drone was not moving. I'm guessing the drone thinks either there is a hazard right next to it or doesn't move because the sensors are unavailable. Regardless that is a nightmare because the drone basically freezes.

I changed cameras to see if that would help and each time I did it would allow me make progress back home. I had to do this several times with and I was running out of battery. (side note if someone knows a joystick shortcut to make the drone go manual flight mode please let me know). Luckily I made it back home. I tried everything for the next day but the warnings keep coming on. Even before it takes off into flight. If I turn off obstacle avoidance it will move but other than that it won't budge much. I tested just on my deck. I'm going to send it back to DJI.

Other notes: It wont let me update the aircraft firmware as I get the error code: 0x115000100001
Current 01.03.0110
RC: 01.00.01.29

I'm using the standard RC not the pro. Same one I use for my Mini 3 pro.

If anyone knows a workaround before I send it off please hit me up thanks.

Safe Piloting!

Attachments

• 20230628_195115.jpg
    20230628_195115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230628_225054_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_225054_Photos.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Suren's Tip above about Sport mode is great advice all pilots should remember
I would start a Ticket with DJI now.
I wouldn't try to "Workaround" The error, because you really have no certain idea of what is causing the error OR if the error can cause other unforeseen problems. The Drone is new so best to ship it back and get another one.

Reactions: RS6_Pilot
Suren's Tip above about Sport mode is great advice all pilots should remember
I would start a Ticket with DJI now.
I wouldn't try to "Workaround" The error, because you really have no certain idea of what is causing the error OR if the error can cause other unforeseen problems. The Drone is new so best to ship it back and get another one.
Yes I was thinking just like you. The drone is to new for all of that. Just ship it back and hopefully I get one with no errors. Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13