DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Code 180 error and Vision System calibration issue

Richardv

Reactions
Had a two part issue this morning. Got a recalibrate vision system error. Mavic Pro 2 is up to date. So I went to DJI assistant 2 and watched the video to try and calibrate it. Can't move past the first section of the alignment. Second thing popped up was code 180 error can't takeoff. Updated the DJI Go 4 app, that took care of the issue with 180 code error. Still have the recalibrate Vision System. Using the Apple M1 Mac, I don't think it's compatible with DJI assistant. How can I calibrate the vision system. It won't let me do it thru DJI go 4 app, keeps redirecting back to DJI assistant. Is Remote ID effecting the vision system? any help is appreciated. I can still fly, but I wouldn't venture more then straight up and down for a sunset or sunrise shot. I'll try contacting a DJI rep in Az to see if there is a way to calibrate the vision system or if this current update is effecting it.

I’ve completed all the updates on my M2P. Works fine. RID is not interfering with the vision system.
What happens with Assistant on your Mac? Does it load? Connect the aircraft?
Do you have the correct version? Have you previously calibrated the vision system?

Can’t help without details.

Had a two part issue this morning. Got a recalibrate vision system error. Mavic Pro 2 is up to date. So I went to DJI assistant 2 and watched the video to try and calibrate it. Can't move past the first section of the alignment. Second thing popped up was code 180 error can't takeoff. Updated the DJI Go 4 app, that took care of the issue with 180 code error. Still have the recalibrate Vision System. Using the Apple M1 Mac, I don't think it's compatible with DJI assistant. How can I calibrate the vision system. It won't let me do it thru DJI go 4 app, keeps redirecting back to DJI assistant. Is Remote ID effecting the vision system? any help is appreciated. I can still fly, but I wouldn't venture more then straight up and down for a sunset or sunrise shot. I'll try contacting a DJI rep in Az to see if there is a way to calibrate the vision system or if this current update is effecting it.
Here’s a great YouTube video that will walk you through the vision calibration process for your Mavic 2 Pro. I referred back to this video several times through the 3 years I flew my Mavic 2 Pro. All the best. Jeff.

definitely used this video, helped in the way you hold the drone in different angles to get thru the process. Had to use my old MacBook 2017 and uploaded DJI Assistant 2. The process went much smoother, and was able to go thru the complete process. M1 Mac, it was stuck at 0% for 20 min, tried it three times.

I’ve completed all the updates on my M2P. Works fine. RID is not interfering with the vision system.
What happens with Assistant on your Mac? Does it load? Connect the aircraft?
Do you have the correct version? Have you previously calibrated the vision system?

Can’t help without details.
Thx for responding RadioFlyerMan,
using the consumer version, also could be the glass on the M1. The screen was interfering with the vision system. Locking up on the M1 during the process of vision system. Unfortunately It was getting stuck at 0% not uploading the final calculations. Instead I used my MacBook 2017, downloaded dji assistant 2 and the process went thru a lot easier, and was able to finalize it within 10 min.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Thx for responding RadioFlyerMan,
using the consumer version, also could be the glass on the M1. The screen was interfering with the vision system. Locking up on the M1 during the process of vision system. Unfortunately It was getting stuck at 0% not uploading the final calculations. Instead I used my MacBook 2017, downloaded dji assistant 2 and the process went thru a lot easier, and was able to finalize it within 10 min.
Excellent!

It was pretty clunky, but I too had to recalibrate vision system. I also updated firmware (twice) But it seems that my Go 4 App on the Smart Controller is still not current. I tried downloading it via Lightning Browser from DJI, but have no idea where it is (on Smart Controller) or how to install it on SC. I would expect that a proprietary system would run smoother than this. But I'm using Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller, which is outdated hardware, so maybe DJI isn't interested in improving user experience.

Update: I downloaded Go 4 app via Lightning browser on Smart Controller. After restart, I spotted download arrow at top left of screen. I tapped it & it unpacked, then installed current Go 4 app! So hopefully will be good to go. Will test in daylight tomorrow. Thanks!

Am disappointed that none of this is explained by DJI. I would think that DJI assistant would have updated Go 4 app -just like Apple's system updater alerts to any system level apps that require update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne