DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Assist news

The downward sensors should not stay turned off as it will cause the drone to lose its landing protection capabilities on the next boot-up which is not the ideal situation for the majority of the users, similar to the mode switch function resetting to N regardless of the hardware switch.

Unfortuately you still have to use the arrows to move thru the screens an give up a function key .not sure its worth it..quite yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Unfortuately you still have to use the arrows to move thru the screens an give up a function key .not sure its worth it..quite yet.

Phantomrain.org
In that case, just swipe on the map.
No loss of a function key necessary.
It also depends upon the default OA camera selected with the function key, and by swiping.

Anyone know which OA camera is the default, and whether it is consistent?

On a regular route I fly, there is a large building that blocks signal if I don't ascend over it or fly around it. While flying parallel to it, it is not visible without peeking to see if it's time to ascend. Having it in view in one of the OA cameras will be a big help!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
As I've just discovered that the new Vision Assist can be assigned to one of the programable buttons on RC Pro🙂 I have it on C3.
I have also noticed that the downward sensors can not be switched OFF as default. Every time the controller is switched off and back on, this function resets to ON.
Similarly, the complete silencing of the RC Pro, preventing heart attack beeping, is also reset by rebooting of the RC, likely for the same reason as N mode resetting, despite the physical switch setting to Sport or Cine.

The last setting for the Landing Lights is also not preserved, unless it is Auto!

Reactions: MS Coast

Phantomrain.org
The nice part of assigning a button is the full screen of the vision assist. You can bring it up by a click of a button and go back to full screen camera view. I find it quite handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The nice part of assigning a button is the full screen of the vision assist. You can bring it up by a click of a button and go back to full screen camera view. I find it quite handy.
So which OA sensor is the default view when you do that?

As I've just discovered that the new Vision Assist can be assigned to one of the programable buttons on RC Pro🙂 I have it on C3.
I have also noticed that the downward sensors can not be switched OFF as default. Every time the controller is switched off and back on, this function resets to ON.
Wish you could just shut off the bottom sensors separate from all of them. Right now it's all or nothing from what I gather.

Wish you could just shut off the bottom sensors separate from all of them. Right now it's all or nothing from what I gather.
I personally have no problem with all of the sensors beeing switched off for very low flying and landing. I am from the old school and this landing assist feature when the drone is evaluating the landing area and deciding on its own if to land or not is something I could happily live without. So this new feature has been blessing for me. I only wished it stayed on after reboot.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman