DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight simulator on Mac running Win10 under Parallel

Pitje

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello,
I have a iMac Retina 27 inch-Intel i7- memory 32 gig-Graphic AMD M295X Radeon 4 GB-MacOS Big Sur
I run Win10 on Parallel.
All softwares are up to date.
After downloading and installing DJI Flight simulator when I launch it: The Flight simulator opens then shows briefly "Verifying loader version" then the white error Windows
1614292631706.png
I am not able to do anything anymore except "Abort"
"Retry" brings to the same window back.

It seems nobody had the same problem
I chat with DJI help but they said politely "We don't know" :rolleyes:
Can someone help me on this one.
Thank you

Reactions: anotherlab
Hello Pitje, welcome to the forum, hopefully you will find a solution to the issue, meanwhile take a look at this LINK, I think it will try to explain how to fix the problem. :)

Reactions: Saladshooter
Hello,
I have a iMac Retina 27 inch-Intel i7- memory 32 gig-Graphic AMD M295X Radeon 4 GB-MacOS Big Sur
I run Win10 on Parallel.
All softwares are up to date.
After downloading and installing DJI Flight simulator when I launch it: The Flight simulator opens then shows briefly "Verifying loader version" then the white error Windows
View attachment 124606
I am not able to do anything anymore except "Abort"
"Retry" brings to the same window back.

It seems nobody had the same problem
I chat with DJI help but they said politely "We don't know" :rolleyes:
Can someone help me on this one.
Thank you
Its more work but you can Install Windows 10 on a USB or External drive using Boot Camp and run it more or less natively on your Mac. Parallels is slick and runs nicely inside Mac OS but as a virtual machine it will always have some limitations.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator and run the UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Welcome aboard Pitje and greetings from Albany, NY!?

Its more work but you can Install Windows 10 on a USB or External drive using Boot Camp and run it more or less natively on your Mac. Parallels is slick and runs nicely inside Mac OS but as a virtual machine it will always have some limitations.
Thanks... but for a lot of external reasons I do not want to use Bootcamp

Thanks for the link... lot of stuff :)
I used a solution proposed by your "Link". It was about to work but the process halted just in the middle of a download and I was not able to reproduce it because the system gave me always an error.
... I already spent too much time, I will try to find another flight simulator.
Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Jay241
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark