DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Mavic 3 without GPS like in a canyon or waterfall base

hifocused

Reactions
Hi I had a few times with my Mavic 3 where it wouldn't let me go above 30' as it didn't have enough satellites.
I was at the base of a waterfall in a valley. I wanted to take it higher in manual but it put a cap on my height. Is there an option to override this and fly in full manual without GPS on the Mavic 3?

Hi I had a few times with my Mavic 3 where it wouldn't let me go above 30' as it didn't have enough satellites.
I was at the base of a waterfall in a valley. I wanted to take it higher in manual but it put a cap on my height. Is there an option to override this and fly in full manual without GPS on the Mavic 3?
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! I suppose, with extreme caution, try flying in ATTI mode

Thanks for the welcome :)
It doesn't let me go up in Non GPS is there a way to turn it to ATTI mode?

Did you check your height settings? It happened to me once with a Mavic 2 Pro and I found that my height settings were too low.

Without GPS I believe the height is limited to 30 meters (It could be different, I'm just going by memory). There have been people caught out before that have gone down a ravine or canyon and can't get back out again because the AC lost GPS and the altitude limit for non-GPS flight kept them from climbing back out. Something to be aware of...

How wow that's scary. So no one knows of a manual override option to turn all limits off? Thanks for the heads up on going down.

I had the same problem with a Mini2 last week.
In the canyon I had no GPS signal and as a result the drone would not go up higher than 5m compared to H-point
So you cannot go higher to have a (better) GPS signal ... pretty annoying :-(
Also looking for a way up ... a hack maybe ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr