DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying above water

So, I was near a large body of water and I could not bring myself to fly out more then a few feet due to all the bad outcomes I have seen here. I think I am close to conquering with this tip - Thanks. This gives me two recovery options as i see it. The second being flipping on Sport mode as I have tested and it does seem to be a great way to force manual control over any other issues that may arise. Can anybody help me with my confidence over water by confirming this or adding further insight?
Hi, just a thought, it seems to me that the issue is the reflection off the water causing the issue (with the depth of the water irrelevant) so why don't you re-create that environment. Get a cheap waterproof tarp or a big sheet of thin plastic etc. (like a pool liner) that's a couple of square meters wide, put it out on an oval and fill it with a centremeter or two (half an inch for my US friends :} ) of water to create the reflection. Then you can hover over it and see what happens, if you auto land or drop the depth shouldn't be sufficient to drown your MP or you may be able to steer it a metre or so sideways back over the grass. This way you can test first hand what your MP will do at different heights and with different settings enabled/disabled with significantly less risk of damaging it? Would love to hear/see the results!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying