DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying at Disney World sucks...

Guys, I am not a fan of the company Disney, but that is irrelevant. Their land, their rules. They want to put up a drone show or fireworks in their space, let them. For the safety and seamless experience of their millions of guests, they lock down the environment. They always have since the 1950s.

The talk of taking off your FAA stickers just so you can bop around a private park is pretty shocking, really. It's this avoid-the-consequences mindset that got us here in the first place. If you want to fly, you find a place that is completely in the public sphere, not the corporate or aerospace controlled sphere. Pretty simple, really.

Guys, I am not a fan of the company Disney, but that is irrelevant. Their land, their rules. They want to put up a drone show or fireworks in their space, let them. For the safety and seamless experience of their millions of guests, they lock down the environment. They always have since the 1950s.

The talk of taking off your FAA stickers just so you can bop around a private park is pretty shocking, really. It's this avoid-the-consequences mindset that got us here in the first place. If you want to fly, you find a place that is completely in the public sphere, not the corporate or aerospace controlled sphere. Pretty simple, really.

Feel better? Getting on a soapbox and lecturing tends to make some people feel better about themselves. I started this thread with a tongue-and-cheek stab at WDW for keeping me from having responsible fun with my MP. No one here is seriously suggesting that we violate a standing TFR - especially one with jail-time teeth.

For the record, if you want to blame anyone of for the insanity that the .gov regs (globally) have become, it's the perpetual fear mongering by the media, and the sky-is-falling over-reaction by bureaucrats and politicians looking to capitalize on constituent fears. I can assure you, even if there wasn't a single incident of reckless droning or careless flying, the public outcry to protect privacy would be plenty to shut down this hobby to anything but indoor or RC park flying. It's coming.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Off topic question but what app is that your using in those pics that show no-fly zones and surroundings?
The screenshots were from the app called ForeFlight. It's the gold standard for pilots but for RC activities I would suggest checking out Skyvector.com (it's free) as mentioned before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert