DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying further than LOS

Ever driven 61+ in a 60 zone? Ever rolled through a stop sign? Yup, all are 100% illegal.

Personally, the principle of the law is so people can determine if there are any manned aircraft in the area of the drone (or other objects). If I'm 2000' out I can't see my drone. But I know where it is and I can see aircraft for miles in all directions. This past weekend I was flying at 1200' above me. I could not see my drone (nor did I look) but I was also 100' off a 1500' cliff. If the FAA wants to fine me, I'll need to pay the fine.

View attachment 49404

Driving a car has NOTHING to do with a drone unless you have a flying car....Right?

Ever driven 61+ in a 60 zone? Ever rolled through a stop sign? Yup, all are 100% illegal.

Again with the speed limit comparison....... That one is getting tired......

Lets just go with this, IF you choose to break a law because it suits your hobby, or your mood, you do so willing to except the consequences and pay the price.
So whether it is a $50 (or so)speeding or stop sign ticket.
OR a $10,000 -$20,000 fine from the FAA. It is a choice one has to make for themselves.

ake a video of you doing it. Without a phone or tablet running an app, and with the screen of the Remote control covered over with black tape so you cant see the distance, speed, altitude.
I’ll see D65BC762-8F04-4B8A-8B40-8E5ACE6E61E0.jpegwhat I can do for you

Driving a car has NOTHING to do with a drone unless you have a flying car....Right?

The statement I was replying to was that lots of people were flying illegally. So, my post has something to do with flying drones illegally and how it relates to driving illegally.

Not in your line of sight. I call BS.
Make a video of you doing it. Without a phone or tablet running an app, and with the screen of the Remote control covered over with black tape so you cant see the distance, speed, altitude.
If you cant do that you must be a liar.
You can barely see a car at 3 miles away.

I can just barley see my black skinned drone 3/4 of a mile away. So set my limit at 1 mile to be cool.

Where did you get that from... you have to show me.

Did you even search for this information?

https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf

By definition, a model aircraft must be “flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft.” P.L. 112-95, section 336(c)(2). 1 Based on the plain language of the statute, the FAA interprets this requirement to mean that: (1) the aircraft must be visible at all times to the operator; (2) that the operator must use his or her own natural vision (which includes vision corrected by standard eyeglasses or contact lenses) to observe the aircraft; and (3) people other than the operator may not be used in lieu of the operator for maintaining visual line of sight. Under the criteria above, visual line of sight would mean that the operator has an unobstructed view of the model aircraft. To ensure that the operator has the best view of the aircraft, the statutory requirement would preclude the use of vision-enhancing devices, such as binoculars, night vision goggles, powered vision magnifying devices, and goggles designed to provide a “first-person view” from the model. 2 Such devices would limit the operator’s field of view thereby reducing his or her ability to see-and-avoid other aircraft in the area. Additionally, some of these devices could dramatically increase the distance at which an operator could see the aircraft, rendering the statutory visual-line-of-sight requirements meaningless. Finally, based on the plain language of the statute, which says that aircraft must be “flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft,” an operator could not rely on another person to satisfy the visual line of sight requirement. See id. (emphasis added). While the statute would not preclude using an observer to augment the safety of the operation, the operator must be able to view the aircraft at all times.

Reactions: Zeke
We were talking about spotters right?
I'm lost. Sorry, but I'm not going to catch on if you keep answering my questions with unrelated questions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serg09