DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Flying In Georgia.

I generally like transitions--smooth transitions. Yours were jarring as if it were an attempt to show how many different transitions you could use.
I was also amazed at how many moving vehicles, people, and even a horse you could overfly for one video.
How many different flights did it take for this entire video?

I concur that you flew over vehicles and people and I think (or at least hope) you know better. You might not want to brag too much of your trip to Georgia as the FAA recently fined a drone flyer in NY $15,000 for some of the infractions you committed.

Fly Safe and Fly Smart…

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
I generally like transitions--smooth transitions. Yours were jarring as if it were an attempt to show how many different transitions you could use.
I was also amazed at how many moving vehicles, people, and even a horse you could overfly for one video.
How many different flights did it take for this entire video?
As this was filmed an edited 2 years ago I was iffy about posting this because of those exact reasons.

Were you the registered pilot at that time?

As this was filmed an edited 2 years ago I was iffy about posting this because of those exact reasons.

FL Dave,

if MavicMiniPilot flew his drone and filmed the video 2-years ago, he would not have been required to be registered.

I believe that The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST was first required in June 2021.

The impetus for The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST was established In the FAA's 2018 Reauthorization Bill (HR 302--2018).

SEC. 351. UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS INTEGRATION PILOT PROGRAM.
(a) AUTHORITY.—The Secretary of Transportation may establish a pilot program
to enable enhanced drone operations as required in the October 25, 2017
Presidential Memorandum entitled ‘‘Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration
Pilot Program’’ and described in 82 Federal Register 50301.

The FAA then had two-years to develop the certification test and the infrastructure to administer the certification (I am not sure when the certification first became available), but it became required by law June 2021.

So, MavicMiniPilot, if you have not yet acquired The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST Certificate, please visit the FAA Drone Zone Web Site.

The FAA also has lot of information (links up the Wazoo…) at this site and it has the link to get Airspace Authorizations…

Good Luck, Happy Droning, and Fly Safe…

FL Dave,

if MavicMiniPilot flew his drone and filmed the video 2-years ago, he would not have been required to be registered.

I believe that The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST was first required in June 2021.

The impetus for The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST was established In the FAA's 2018 Reauthorization Bill (HR 302--2018).

The FAA then had two-years to develop the certification test and the infrastructure to administer the certification (I am not sure when the certification first became available), but it became required by law June 2021.

So, MavicMiniPilot, if you have not yet acquired The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST Certificate, please visit the FAA Drone Zone Web Site.

The FAA also has lot of information (links up the Wazoo…) at this site and it has the link to get Airspace Authorizations…

Thanks for the update.

I concur that you flew over vehicles and people and I think (or at least hope) you know better. You might not want to brag too much of your trip to Georgia as the FAA recently fined a drone flyer in NY $15,000 for some of the infractions you committed.

Fly Safe and Fly Smart
Were you the registered pilot at that time?
No I was not but I am now and have taken the trust test.

Reactions: davery87
FL Dave,

I have already taken it and am registered. The way I flew over people was not acceptable but at the time I was unaware of those laws. Now I am a much safer pilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark