DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying locations in the UK please help.....

Cruithnig

Reactions
I'm very new to drone flying so maybe it me just not getting it.....
Going south for the holidays. I checked "Drone Assist" app as I want to fly legally.
But even this seems out of date......arggghhhh
I'd pull my hair out if I had any.....!!!!!
Are councils and regional authorities making up there own rule as they go along.....????

Rant over..........sorry
I'd be very grateful for any clarity on this....

I use drone assist, shows that I cant fly where I live.. got an airport one side and I live about 300 yrds from HMP Exeter lol.

Reactions: Cruithnig
Have a look at NATS drone assist another brilliant app that’s only used in the uk. You can down load it in the App Store for iOS, not to sure about android, I’m an iOS person.

Here’s a link to the website so you can get more info about it.

Drones - NATS

Gatwick airport is popular at the moment.
Yeah I hear it's primarily Israeli and unknown U.K. government types flying there now, but once they get them out you'd best watch out for the airport traffic. They will be plenty busy after that extended commercial for "Drone Dome" ("Brought to you by Rafael Advanced Defense Systemsl").

I think we all should be extremely upset at the serious lack of openness with the revolutionary battery technology on display at Gatwick. Not to mention the new "stealthy" drones being used with their "run forever" motors. D*#n Brits showing off again....

badgenes

Yeah I hear it's primarily Israeli and unknown U.K. government types flying there now, but once they get them out you'd best watch out for the airport traffic. They will be plenty busy after that extended commercial for "Drone Dome" ("Brought to you by Rafael Advanced Defense Systemsl").

I think we all should be extremely upset at the serious lack of openness with the revolutionary battery technology on display at Gatwick. Not to mention the new "stealthy" drones being used with their "run forever" motors. D*#n Brits showing off again....

badgenes
Agree entirely.With multiple film crews and their thousands of pounds camera equipment they cannot get a photo of this imaginary drone.Helicopters cannot chase it although they can go 3 times their speed at least..The police and military cannot crash another drone into it or follow with a heat seeking Inspire. Multiple snipers can shoot at things and hit them at over 2000 yards.There is more going on here.

My conspiracy theory suggests the Gatwick thing might be the 'Thin end of the wedge' for drones in Britain and elsewhere. By disrupting an international airport they (officialdom) are letting the world know how 'unscrupulous' drone pilots are so that they (officialdom) can levy harsher controls.

My conspiracy theory suggests the Gatwick thing might be the 'Thin end of the wedge' for drones in Britain and elsewhere. By disrupting an international airport they (officialdom) are letting the world know how 'unscrupulous' drone pilots are so that they (officialdom) can levy harsher controls.
Taxed from cradle to grave, and here comes another one?

Agree entirely.With multiple film crews and their thousands of pounds camera equipment they cannot get a photo of this imaginary drone.Helicopters cannot chase it although they can go 3 times their speed at least..The police and military cannot crash another drone into it or follow with a heat seeking Inspire. Multiple snipers can shoot at things and hit them at over 2000 yards.There is more going on here.
Ummm duhhh, they have chosen not to shoot at anything because they can not guarantee where the bullet will end up from that shot. That is fairly common sense for anyone to understand. As for the other things you brought up, well I wonder about that too, especially since these "Drone" of industrial size, as they mentioned, had been seen to be reported.

Reactions: Porky and Cruithnig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman