DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying!

Evening all.

sorry, I’m sure many people have posted this before but I’m finding the Mavic Pro so exciting to fly but I’m so nervous at the same time. I’m still finding myself amazed at something so small can fly so high.

Still working on increasing my confidence with my flying especially over water. Anyone offer any tips on how to overcome the nervousness? I still feel like it will drop out of the sky at any time!
Just relax and use return to hint to land.

Just fly it! It’s less expensive than your mountain bikes and you’re not riding it. Crash one of those and it’ll hurt. If you crash a drone, it’s just a gadget!

Truth man!

I added some time to my flying yesterday and really loving it now :)

it never goes away if your think about how much Mavic cost
or How much the repairs will cost when you crash.!
To injoy mavic pro you must fly like you don't care only then you will truly injoy flying mavic pro
.....and never fly with less then 30% battery........Cr
“Never fly with less than 30% battery” is great advice. That way, when your Mavic is at 300 ft. and/or out of VLS and you have to kill and restart the software because it just became unresponsive, you won’t panic. You’ll know you have time to fix it and bring it home (It’s happened to me!).

Cheers and Enjoy

Ah you big baby. I'm never scared to fly. Check the wind, make sure the batteries are fully charged, it's not going to rain, it's not to dark, check RTH is set to right height or maybe I want it to hover, no I think I'll set it to the height this time, make sure the sun won't interfere while flying back, are there any birds in the area. Hope all goes well, remember if the sun does become a problem just go to Sports mode, if the RC disconnects don't panic MP will RTH and you can always interrupt and take control. I have a Marco Polo tracking device on MP just in case all else fails. Who's afraid to fly, just relax and have fun and remember your not the only one worried.

Ah you big baby. I'm never scared to fly. Check the wind, make sure the batteries are fully charged, it's not going to rain, it's not to dark, check RTH is set to right height or maybe I want it to hover, no I think I'll set it to the height this time, make sure the sun won't interfere while flying back, are there any birds in the area. Hope all goes well, remember if the sun does become a problem just go to Sports mode, if the RC disconnects don't panic MP will RTH and you can always interrupt and take control. I have a Marco Polo tracking device on MP just in case all else fails. Who's afraid to fly, just relax and have fun and remember your not the only one worried.

Excellent advice man! I’m enjoying it more when I flew this weekend

I’m trying to work up the skill/courage for my first Autopilot Follow-me test with my kitefoil board in 12-15 knot winds. The controller would be stuffed in a Nanuk case on my back, and Mr Mavic would 28 ft up and 30 ft out. Say a 15 min filming session with some potential head smacking wipeouts along the way. If the bird, controller and rider survive at all it will be a roaring success.

I guess it’s all relative

Evening all.

sorry, I’m sure many people have posted this before but I’m finding the Mavic Pro so exciting to fly but I’m so nervous at the same time. I’m still finding myself amazed at something so small can fly so high.

Still working on increasing my confidence with my flying especially over water. Anyone offer any tips on how to overcome the nervousness? I still feel like it will drop out of the sky at any time!

An exercise I found during these Autumn days, while I couldn't leave home due to a contractor trying to fix the house heating system, is cleaning the yard from the fallen leaves :)
It both helps in overcoming the nervousness, since you're putting fligth time on your shoulders, and in improving your flying skills. I soon learned to zig-zag the mavic so that it always reaches the next bunch of leaves just while switching the movement from left-to-tight to right-to-left, so that for 1 second circa it blows its prop-wash diagonally towards the leaves. This diagonal blow is is much more efficient than just moving the mavic towards the leaves while its almost vertical prop-wash moves them slowly away. That and a lot of manual rocket-style shots on a nearby building, increasing or decreasing the speed, the distance and also adding some yaw to it.
The guy took 2 afternoons to fix the thing, so I had plenty of time to try these

In addition to the comment from DaBrain, make sure your props are properly mounted, and your compass is calibrated. Find a safe place to fly, open field with tall grass to buffer an accident. Then take her up to 400', go out a 1/4 mile, and you will see how stable it is and how well it flies. Once you fly the alt and dist and bring it back safely, you will have more confident. I have flown high in cold and windy conditions, and doing so added a lot of confidence. The MP is a strong, durable, and agile UAS that can be highly dependable as long as you do your part in pre-flight.

I crash everthing i fly it's just what i do
but when I crashed my mavic and it spit out the Gimble/camera That hurt $350 For me to open mavic up and replace it myself
i assume gimble protection is increased if the gimble cover is left on,any disadvantages?

With some gimble guard you will get a gimble overload alarm
And denigated picture quality
I agree the Mavic gimble is a week spot

Shoot, I think I had 25 flights in the first week, each one getting more and more confident.
Launching with a full battery, staying out of the wind, staying high and making double sure that the home point is set accurately, with an adequate RTH altitude and you have enough GPS satellites will keep you away from disaster. Pretty hard to have a problem if all those conditions are met before launch.

Reactions: Timster1973
With some gimble guard you will get a gimble overload alarm
And denigated picture quality
I agree the Mavic gimble is a week spot
not the gimble guard but the cover,i have a clear one and a tinted one which should help with glare along with guarding the gimble.

Shoot, I think I had 25 flights in the first week, each one getting more and more confident.
Launching with a full battery, staying out of the wind, staying high and making double sure that the home point is set accurately, with an adequate RTH altitude and you have enough GPS satellites will keep you away from disaster. Pretty hard to have a problem if all those conditions are met before launch.
are you trying to reassure us or yourself:)

My flight sequence too. If in doubt, don’t fly

Evening all.

Assuming that you practice safety all around. The best advise that I got from this forum (i forget who said it) "I would rather see my Mavic Pro caught in a tree than to be constantly looking at it sitting on the kitchen table!"

Reactions: Dw911

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02