DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focusing and low light

bakerboy

Reactions
Alright mavic wizards, what's the trick, had some joy tonight but only because the oval was light up like daylight that allowed me to focus and then pan to my shot. How do you do your night photos and focus?

Same way pretty much. You need to find something bright enough for the camera to focus on and then point at what you want to photograph.

You can also switch it to manual focus and find something big enough to see definition on and use the slider to try and get a good focus. Turn the ISO up enough to show as much as you can. Then, once focused, turn the ISO back down again.

Reactions: ThreeGs and Chase R
You can also switch it to manual focus and find something big enough to see definition on and use the slider to try and get a good focus. Turn the ISO up enough to show as much as you can. Then, once focused, turn the ISO back down again.
Cheers, just discovered MF, will have another crack at it

the mavic has manual focus>??????

Yep, I did the firmware upgrade, found a post talking about manual focus so went in to the settings and found it. Not sure if it was there pre firmware upgrade

It was there prior to this week's firmware.

I'm a dji noob still figuring out all the settings haha

I'm just impressed that it can sit at 80m agl in 40kmh ground winds and give me rock solid footage hahaha

Yes, it is pretty amazing. It would have cost you thousands of dollars to pull these kind of shots not to long ago. We live in a very interesting time.

I've had several scratch built quads in the past, when ever I see people complain about the mavic or phantom etc I just think to myself these guys have no appreciation of whats involved haha

fly up to about 40-50ft in AF
aim the camera straight down at some well lit scene
center click to focus
switch to MF and don't change the focus
aim the camera back up and good to go from there

keep the camera on MF and don't change focus for the whole flight. you should have max depth of focus from here. try a few flights before filming anything super important.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid