DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me - Active track

motopa

Reactions
Hi, I´m considering to buy a new dji drone. I had time ago a phantom 3 advanced, and was very good (except cracks on shell).

Now, my only requeriment would be follow me or active track.

Seems Spark hasn´t FOLLOW ME (gps mobile), only active track. I hope in future it will have both.

question... considering my principal requeriment is drone follow me (child with skate, or I riding bicycle or motorcycle offroad), which is better.... mavic or spark (only considering this function).

what´s max speed with active track for mavic or spark? which have better active track?

thanks

Active track and follow me are dangerous. It is a marketing gimmick. And certainly not safe enough to follow people in any case. Even slowly walking people.
Mine crashed happily into the 'object' when it slowed down. The mavic did the opposite and went from 5km/hr to max speed (22km/hr in active track) in just a few meters. Fortunately the object wasn't damaged this time. The Mavics gimbal is and I have to send it to DJI now.

Reactions: payam
I'm going to agree with Lake_flyer. These modes must be used with caution, always expecting a failure of some sort. Use it to get the shot, but ready in an instant to take control. I recall having the fantasy of having the Mavic follow me on my mountain bike down the single track, but once I actually owned it for a few hours, I realized it was too risky.

Hi friends, thanks for your opinion.

Really, I only think in this use (yes, too some photo with family or child). I know it will have some limitations, but if I know them, maybe I will be able to do some good footages.

and questions is that.... is it better than mavic in ACTIVE TRACK? I´m a bit afraid due spark hasn´t FOLLOW ME (gps device) mode, I hope it will be updated in future, that would be a big help.

thanks

Reactions: n7011n
Just read a BIG limitation, if it´s.

Seems, without remote (only phone) you only can go away 100 meters from HOME POINT. You can set a dinamic home point, but you need open app and option, and do it every 100 meters.

then... you cannot use ACTIVE TRACK at more 100 meters from HOME POINT (where you start) -with remote controller, no limitation-.

I read too, this limitation is only in BEGINNER MODE... is it?

if you only can use active track for 100 meters from start point, it´s not useable ie with bicycle.... since 100 meters are 6-7 seconds running...

somebody can confirm, spark is able to FOLLOW over 100meters with active track (and without remote, only mobile)?

I only wait this answer to buy it.

thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke