DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

follow me mode problems

romarnv

Reactions
I tried follow me this morning, I got a message saying GPS weak, had 20 satellites, can someone help.

thanks

did follow me still work even though the message was showing?

Every time I've used the feature it's worked extremely well. Actually really surprised with how accurate it is.

I believe the 'GPS Weak' warning referred to your mobile device, and not the Mavic. If I understand it properly, Follow Me mode tracks the GPS coordinates of your phone (or whatever mobile device you use).

Reactions: tcope
What phone and carrier are you using?
My new 7+ on at&t will not work!!

I also have an iPhone 7+ on AT&T that will not allow the Home point: me, feature work. I have tried on 4 different iPhone 7's will all the same message (mobil gps signal weak)

Yep, iPhone 7 or 7+ on AT&T have an issue with a weak GPS. This causes issues with not only Follow Me and setting current RC location as the Home Point, but also many GPS running apps record inaccurate running data. This only affects 7s that are built and sold for AT&T activation. I am not positive, but I heard that some have been successful by purchasing/swapped for an unlocked iPhone 7 and then using it on AT&T. Apparently unlocked iPhone 7s are built with the better modem that is causing the issue.

Reactions: EsiMavic
I have another problem wit Follow Me mode: It states that the aircraft is too far and it cannot connect to the Follow me mode, which is kind of absurd, considering that the aircraft was at 45 m distance and the GPS signal was strong, as it can be seen in the picture attached:

Attachments

• IMG_3238.PNG
    IMG_3238.PNG
    901.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member