DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For our EU brothers and sisters...

We already have a firm set of laws in the U.K. stating that we can only fly LoS, under 400 feet etc. The only new thing our government announced last year is registration and knowledge test and nothing any of us should be concerned with. The bill is due to hit in the Autumn and likely come into force in 2019 if it gets support in Parliament

Has anyone in the uk used NATS : drone asssist ???? According to this, there are very few places to fly my little MPP, I understand the drone code and mostly agree with it, but It’s is so restrictive, eg I live in the Norwich area of the U.K. and there is an airport here, on the map it shows clearly the class D no fly zone, that’s fair, but when I zoom in on the map in an area that isn’t marked out but near the ‘red zone’ it still say class D zone.... its like the only place I can see to fly that is apparently ok is all privately owned land.... unless I drive to the coastline which is about an hour drive away even at the coast line there numerous ‘no fly zones’...... i’m wondering now why I bought this quad, with all the restriction it’s really taking the fun out owning this amazing piece of technology, and now with new laws coming it feels like the government is just trying to penalise us hobbists and give another excuse for them to slap with yet MORE taxes in the form of registration/licensing, as if they don’t take enough as it is with taxes on literally everything, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that they are attacking us hobbists..... 2030 government introduces tax on having fun, smile quota upgradeable (extra cost), remember don’t have to much fun or smile to much unless you want to fined £1000 (based on how many seconds you while smiling past your quota)......

Drone assist is a good app. The only minor flaw is it often doesnt have the floor altitude of airspace in so it shows you as in controlled airspace from the surface up which isnt actually true. Also see this thread:
UK no fly Zone confusion class D

The UK is pretty relaxed on drone usage provided you aren't flying it like an idiot. pseudo-government bodies like the hideous national trust etc try to introduce their own "laws" on top but other than that its fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AerialArt