DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those who fly Mavic 3 Enterprise and interested in using their free public NTRIP RTK Network instead of buying an expensive base station unit.

SteveR43

Reactions
After a lot of trial and error I have succesfully connected to my State's (Florida) Public NTRIP Surveying Network to my Remote and Mav3E Drone.. Now I can fly Survey Missions without the need for a Base station or a rover for establishing ground control points. Yes, It it slightly more accurate to use a base station and a few GCPs, but I only will fly missions that don't require that intense kind of accuracy. What's a few mm right?

Your state's NTRIP Network is a series of "base stations" scattered throughout the state. Your RC Enterprise Controller connects to it by the Internet. I keep my phone in my pocket as a Internet Hotspot/Router to stay connected to the NTRIP internet network and it's data at all times.

After you register with the state's NTRIP Network you will be given access to the Network's IP Address, Port Number and Mount Point Names. You just need to create a username and password after you have registered with the network.

Once you are connected to their network your drone will use their data to refine or correct it's own data and then label each mapping photo with highly accurate positioning data.

Untitled-2.jpg

Wish I had more work closer to town. Most of mine is remote with no internet connection. Pleased you were able to connect, some of them can be difficult to connect.
Regards

This is to replace the RTK module or to work with it. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water
It works with the RTK module. It like a checks and balances. The RTK alone is very accurate, but if there are any slight adjustments that need to be made, the State's Public NTRIP Network, base station system will correct the Drones RTK data before the photo is stamped with more accurate location data.

Wish I had more work closer to town. Most of mine is remote with no internet connection. Pleased you were able to connect, some of them can be difficult to connect.
Regards
Sorry to hear that. I guess you are so far away from civilization, your cell phone can't be used as a wifi hotspot/router to stream data to the controller. I'm sure there are some dead areas in my state. But, I use 2 cell phone services, in case one doesn't work, the other might.

Reactions: Gagey52
After a lot of trial and error I have succesfully connected to my State's (Florida) Public NTRIP Surveying Network to my Remote and Mav3E Drone.. Now I can fly Survey Missions without the need for a Base station or a rover for establishing ground control points. Yes, It it slightly more accurate to use a base station and a few GCPs, but I only will fly missions that don't require that intense kind of accuracy. What's a few mm right?

Your state's NTRIP Network is a series of "base stations" scattered throughout the state. Your RC Enterprise Controller connects to it by the Internet. I keep my phone in my pocket as a Internet Hotspot/Router to stay connected to the NTRIP internet network and it's data at all times.

After you register with the state's NTRIP Network you will be given access to the Network's IP Address, Port Number and Mount Point Names. You just need to create a username and password after you have registered with the network.

Once you are connected to their network your drone will use their data to refine or correct it's own data and then label each mapping photo with highly accurate positioning data.

View attachment 162649
This a great system, I have used it for about a year. You should still use GCP for the the best of both worlds. However it sure beats having to pay for equipment and software. Thank you Florida. No the state won’t block you if you have DJI. Commercial DJI drone companies are free to use this service.

It works with the RTK module. It like a checks and balances. The RTK alone is very accurate, but if there are any slight adjustments that need to be made, the State's Public NTRIP Network, base station system will correct the Drones RTK data before the photo is stamped with more accurate location data.
The RTK alone is not very accurate. It needs corrections. In this case the corrections will be from RTN, RTK. The corrections could also be from PPK (Afterwards) or from the DJI Base or from another Base that is sending corrections over NTRIP.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I'm having a hard time figuring out which mount point to put in for my Mavic 3E RTK module for Massachusetts. I made an account and have a login. Does anyone have any clue? I'm in the Boston area if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• Massachusetts Mount Points.jpg
    Massachusetts Mount Points.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 17
I'm having a hard time figuring out which mount point to put in for my Mavic 3E RTK module for Massachusetts. I made an account and have a login. Does anyone have any clue? I'm in the Boston area if that makes any difference.
I'm using RTCM3 NEAR. I talked with the FL Dept of Transportation. They recommended that one. RTCM3 is the norm for newer equipment, like a Mavic 3 RTK system. Use the associated port. Make sure your password and username are correct too.

"NEAR" means the network will pick the nearest base station to your location.

Point One offers RTK corrections across the U.S. (and internationally) — 800+ base stations. So it's not "free vs expensive base station" anymore — there's a professionally managed option in between. It takes about 5 minutes to set up an Enterprise on Point One. We'll have a video out soon that shows the simple setup. Best thing is that as a drone travels, it's seamlessly passed from one base station to another.

Attachments

• 2023-06-20_23-26-58.jpg
    2023-06-20_23-26-58.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 12
Point One offers RTK corrections across the U.S. (and internationally) — 800+ base stations. So it's not "free vs expensive base station" anymore — there's a professionally managed option in between. It takes about 5 minutes to set up an Enterprise on Point One. We'll have a video out soon that shows the simple setup. Best thing is that as a drone travels, it's seamlessly passed from one base station to another.
They really need to post the network's specifications on their website. I had to really dig to find any information.
They are a decimeter solution and seem to me to be focussed on capturing higher precision for automobiles.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
I’m having the hardest time getting my drones (M30T and M3E) to connect inn MACORS. I am in Mass as well. Does this look right to you? I did correct to port 10000 instead and I tried every single mounting point I just kept getting a setting error 1688793732919.png

which mountpoint did you use to successfully connect to the network?

View attachment 162649
Thank you for taking the time to share the information. I live in TX and they don't have a free NTRIP network but am looking to subscribe to the smartnet network. Prior to finding the RTK network, I thought that I would have to drop 10K on a base/rover, so, thanks for the confirmation.

View attachment 162649
Thanks for sharing!

I'm using RTCM3 NEAR. I talked with the FL Dept of Transportation. They recommended that one. RTCM3 is the norm for newer equipment, like a Mavic 3 RTK system. Use the associated port. Make sure your password and username are correct too.

"NEAR" means the network will pick the nearest base station to your location.
I was really surprise how helpful and willing the guys at the FL Dept we’re in walking me through this set up. Really good bunch of guys working there!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor