DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FORCE LANDING ?!

What does healthy drones say about the battery cells?
There is no battery data in the Mavic flight logs. I'm hoping DJI fixes that issue soon.

Ed209, can you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here? It'll allow us to see more data than shown by Healthy Drones.

Forced landing really leads me to believe bad cell on the battery. I don't think it was a disconnect.. logs don't show that. I would be really curious to see what the battery showed for voltage across the cells. If one cell was low it may have forced the landing. Especially, watching the video. The operator was zipping around pretty good which could have strained the battery.. all theories I guess without a reading from the battery.

Off topic a little, but is there a fan in the controller or something? Sounds like something spun up at 6:57.. I wonder if there might be a problem with the controllers..

Yeah seems that the R/C has a fan that spins up from time to time.

There is no battery data in the Mavic flight logs. I'm hoping DJI fixes that issue soon.
Yeah I noticed that too and reported in the HD forum. I thought at first it just wasn't tracking serial numbers but on closer look it seems it's missing most of the data.
Ed209, can you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here? It'll allow us to see more data than shown by Healthy Drones.
Working on that log right now. Will post it ASAP.

Yeah I noticed that too and reported in the HD forum. I thought at first it just wasn't tracking serial numbers but on closer look it seems it's missing most of the data.
Unfortunately, they won't be able to do anything about it. The data is not being saved to the flight logs.

Forced landing really leads me to believe bad cell on the battery. I don't think it was a disconnect.. logs don't show that. I would be really curious to see what the battery showed for voltage across the cells. If one cell was low it may have forced the landing. Especially, watching the video. The operator was zipping around pretty good which could have strained the battery.. all theories I guess without a reading from the battery.

Yeah I was zipping around pretty good earlier but at the end of the flight I was taking it easy because I was walking off the pier to shoreline since some people walked onto the pier after I lifted off. Usually when you get some voltage sag, it recovers after you ease up. I've studied that closely when pushing distance flights with my P3 to 0%. Even so, DJI Go should report some critical voltage or battery failure.

The absence of battery data is troubling that is a critical element to monitor. Hmmm why would they leave that out.

It's most likely a bug.

I'm very interested in the results of this inquiry. My Mavic is weeks away, but my plans involved much flying over water to film fishing, paddle boarding, and kayaking.

I'm so glad there are so many DJI drone experts here to guide us newbies. Thank you guys for your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why is your video not level... ?
Plagued with gimbal horizon issue. I have tried to calibrate and it seems to go wonky often. With the P3 you could calibrate while flying and that worked for me. But you can't calibrate the Mavic's.

Are you able to read DAT files from DJI Assistant 2? I exported them but seems that Datcon isn't able to read them.

No. My log viewer can only read TXT flight logs.

Technically, DJI Care does not cover anything that results from water damage--even if water damage were to occur following the original problem. Even still, I purchased the protection. For your reference, here is a list of the exclusions:
If the theoretical water 'landing' resulted from a defect with the mavic, then it doesn't even seem like dji care is applicable. Dji care isn't a substitute for the warranty that accompanies the mavic, but is an add-on to cover damage caused by misadventure or bad luck.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: djholt and Ed209

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31