DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forget Roadside Assistance, Ford will soon offer "Air-Side" Assistance…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
Forget Roadside Assistance, Ford will soon offer "Air-Side" Assistance…

The Ford Company filed for a Patent that would use drones back in 2017 and only recently had the patent published. This is the first I've heard of this…

Under the patent, Ford would be able to fly a drone to a vehicle in need of assistance and provide jumper cables or open the car hood and charge directly from the drone itself, as reported by Ford Authority.

Rather than just copying the article, here is the Link…

And here is another link…

And after Googling this, it appears it was no secret… The next time you need a jump, how would you like "Robo-Mechanic" to assist you?

Or, you are stopped at a Stoplight and a Drone flutters by and asks, "Hey Mister, Clean your windshield?"

Hot wax.png

This doesn't help with the acronym of FORD....

Found On Road Dead. ;)

I'll stick with AAA. 👍

With the current range of drones, what advantage would this provide over something like AAA emergency road service? This is the same company that also received a patent for disabling car features like GPS, radio, or air conditioning if the owner is delinquent on loan payments.

if the owner is delinquent on loan payments.

I read that it may drive itself back to the dealership or an impound yard if no payments are made as a last resort. :oops:

Reactions: LoudThunder
I was taught it meant "Fix Or Repair Daily..."

if the owner is delinquent on loan payments.
I read the same and it said that the Information system will start with polite reminders and become a bit more forceful with specific penalties for not making the payments; like: no pay, no A/C, still no pay, no A/C, no GPS, and no Music, Still no payment, all the same but now the engine output is reduced, and who knows just how far the negative incentives will continue…

In the U.K. we have April Fools Day. Do you have it there? This would be ripe for one of those! We were invited to believe on Saturday that the BT Tower, a huge landmark in London, was to be turned into a wind turbine-right in the centre of the City-oh yea.

In the U.K. we have April Fools Day. Do you have it there? This would be ripe for one of those! We were invited to believe on Saturday that the BT Tower, a huge landmark in London, was to be turned into a wind turbine-right in the centre of the City-oh yea.
In the USA, we celebrate April 1st as April Fools's Day, where we play tricks and pranks on folk... No joke...

Reactions: LoudThunder

I think the date of the article and the "technical" drawing I posted above should leave little doubt.

I think the date of the article and the "technical" drawing I posted above should leave little doubt.

I noticed that as well. 🤭

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1