DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Forgotten

Rust and an old lumber camp...

This is a great vid, but seeing all the dead, abandoned machines saddened me.

I've always bonded with my machines.

I have a 1969 Mercury Marquis with about 175,000 miles. It served me well as a working machine for decades. His name is Behemoth, 4400 lbs, 19 ft long, and 8 feet wide. He doesn't have an MPG number in a conventional sense. He burns about 8 gallons an hour, stationary or at 80 mph.

He's registered and insured. He hasn't moved for over 2 years, but on any given day, with a jumper battery and some starter fluid, I could fire him up.

Maybe it's time for me to do that.

Thanks for this!

:)

TCS

Reactions: Barbara
bit of paint and it'll buff out. You also have spare tyres. Yep I reckon it's a goer.

Must be a good backstory there.

• Haha
Zoom is still a great drone and remains the only model to automatically do Dolly Zoom. A great feature that none of DJI’s newer drones have. Keep it. Your video is crystal clear. Nice going.

This is a great vid, but seeing all the dead, abandoned machines saddened me.

I've always bonded with my machines.

I have a 1969 Mercury Marquis with about 175,000 miles. It served me well as a working machine for decades. His name is Behemoth, 4400 lbs, 19 ft long, and 8 feet wide. He doesn't have an MPG number in a conventional sense. He burns about 8 gallons an hour, stationary or at 80 mph.

He's registered and insured. He hasn't moved for over 2 years, but on any given day, with a jumper battery and some starter fluid, I could fire him up.

Maybe it's time for me to do that.

Thanks for this!

:)

TCS
Thanks for the compliment. It is indeed sad to see all the abandoned equipment.

Behemoth indeed. I tend to refer to these vehicles as "Land Yachts" with the front hood measured in acres. Love em, but couldn't afford to run one. Good to see you keeping him going.

bit of paint and it'll buff out. You also have spare tyres. Yep I reckon it's a goer.

Must be a good backstory there.
LOL, we have an optimist here....Clearly some attempt was made to repair a few of these machines, but it was definitely a while ago.

Hard to find much history on the lumber camps in the area. The area around Elliot Lake is most known for it's Uranium Mines.

Reactions: Sky Wombat
Thanks for sharing Barbara.

I've often wondered about the last movement of a vehicle and the story behind it.

I sometimes stare at it for a moment and imagine the history of the machine that is now resting peacefully.

From the day of purchase ( Best machine ever ), to it's last movement ( park that heap of junk over there ), there's a story. ☺️

Zoom is still a great drone and remains the only model to automatically do Dolly Zoom. A great feature that none of DJI’s newer drones have. Keep it. Your video is crystal clear. Nice going.
Thank you. I do like the Zoom feature, but use it sparingly. As for the Dolly Zoom, never even tried it, though I must admit I completely forgot about it. Must experiment with it. Still so much to learn...

Tons of scrape metal there. Nice flying.
Thank you. Smooth flying is a bit of a challenge for me due to my Essential Tremor. However, between adjusting the flight characteristics, use of some of the autonomous modes and Tripod mode I do manage.

Yes, lots of scrap metal. I've wondered why it's been left at times.

Thank you and you're welcome.

I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time, though never yet till it's ultimate demise.

Elliot Lake has some stories about automobiles and young miners with money. Apparently is was not uncommon to have parties off in the bush and have a driver manage to do a little unscheduled off-roading on the way home. Seems the solution was to just simply buy another vehicle rather than attempt a rescue. We still stumble across the hulks out in the middle of nowhere on occasion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww