DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Formatting the SD Card

jwwphoto

Reactions
I am an semi pro photographer and we are always advised to format the mem with the camera.

What is the practice with the Mavic Pro. Can you format in the drone.....?

Jeff

I am an semi pro photographer and we are always advised to format the mem with the camera.

What is the practice with the Mavic Pro. Can you format in the drone.....?

Jeff
Yes, there is an option in the menu to format the card.

You can format the memory card in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Format-Memory-Card.jpg

Reactions: Wayno1 and WAXMAN
The AC will automatically re-format card as soon as you power it up.
The Mavic will never automatically format the memory card. That can only be done manually.

I always erase everything on my cards when I load images into my computer.
The AC will automatically re-format card as soon as you power it up.
Curious as to what led you to that conclusion, which is inaccurate. That would be a bit disastrous if it were true.

As I said, I always erase everything on the card and never format them. I have an Inspire 2, Spark and Mavic Platinum.
I just re-insert the card and fly, shoot stills and video.
When I remove the cards and plug into computer, there are numerous files. DCIM - images, MISC - Telemetry and on Spark PANORAMA.
I never format the cards in any of those ACs.

As I said, I always erase everything on the card and never format them. I have an Inspire 2, Spark and Mavic Platinum.
When I remove the cards and plug into computer, there are numerous files. DCIM - images, MISC - Telemetry and on Spark PANORAMA.
Great. That still doesn't mean the card is automatically formatted when you turn on the AC, because it isn't.

You might want to format your cards once in a while.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Every camera replaces its file structure if folders are missing upon boot-up. You might consider formatting your card while it's in the Mavic. It's a good practice to keep the card in good working order.

Format the card from Go 4 when connected to the Mavic, not from your computer. It will set it up properly for Mavic use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themass31